‘God didn’t play a hand in The Big Bang’, says Stephen HawkingSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 6:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 2(ANI): The Big Bang was the result of the inevitable laws of physics and did not need God to spark the creation of Universe, claimed Stephen Hawking.
Hawking has claimed that that no divine force was needed to explain why the Universe was formed.
“It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the Universe going,” the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“Because there is a law such as gravity, the Universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the Universe exists, why we exist,” said Hawking in an extract from his latest book, ‘The Grand Design’.
Though, in his earlier book, ‘A Brief History of Time’, Hawking did not rule out the possibility of God in the creation of universe.
But, his new book rejects Sir Isaac Newton’s theory that the Universe did not spontaneously begin to form but was set in motion by God, contradictory to his earlier work. (ANI)
- 'God did not create the universe' - Sep 02, 2010
- God Not Needed In Creation Of Universe, Says Stephen Hawking - Sep 06, 2010
- Chief rabbi slams Stephen Hawking for excluding God's role in universe creation - Sep 03, 2010
- Kirk Cameron blasts Stephen Hawking's heaven theory - May 19, 2011
- Newton's apple tree to travel into zero gravity - May 10, 2010
- 15-year-old is youngest Cambridge student in over 200 years - Sep 03, 2010
- Indian, US scientists question Big Bang theory - Apr 05, 2010
- God Particle's discovery 'biggest leap in physics' (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- 'The Plato code' cracked by science historian - Jun 29, 2010
- Indian boy solves 350-year Newton math puzzle - May 26, 2012
- Only ancient wisdom can save India's 'sacred' animals - Sep 05, 2010
- Could Large Hadron Collider be world's first time machine? - Mar 16, 2011
- Stephen Hawking joins Canada's Perimeter Institute (Lead) - Jun 09, 2010
- Stephen Hawking joins institute set up by BlackBerry - Jun 09, 2010
- Aussie Scientists Challenge 'Big Bang' Theory - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: big bang, brief history of time, creation of universe, divine force, god didn, gravity, history of time, isaac newton, laws of physics, london, sir isaac newton, spontaneous creation, stephen hawking, telegraph