Girl escapes death despite being buried aliveAugust 9th, 2011 - 10:34 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 9 (IANS) A teenaged girl in Britain had a miraculous escape from death after being buried alive on a beach for 15 minutes as the hole she was digging collapsed.
Paige Anderson, 15, turned blue and had stopped breathing after being trapped under a 5- feet wall of sand for quarter of an hour as paramedics, police, lifeboatmen and coastguards frantically dug her out, Daily Mail reported.
She was playing with her sisters Jade, 19, and Taylor, nine, on the beach at Caister, a settlement near coastal town Great Yarmouth, Norfolk county, when the disaster struck.
She was about to climb out of the hole, they had been digging, when the sides suddenly caved in.
Paige, who survived by breathing a pocket of air under the compacted sand, said: “It just started as a bit of fun… I remember crouching down to go through the tunnel, then it all went black after that.”
The girl’s father Michael Anderson, 50, feared the worst as the huge rescue operation was launched Friday afternoon.
He said: “She is a brave girl. It’s a miracle she’s still here. The whole thing has restored my faith in people. I just can’t thank them enough.”
- Girl suffocates to death in hole dug at beach - Aug 28, 2012
- Tunnel incident against India-Pakistan CBMs - Aug 02, 2012
- Pilot lands chopper on beach for ice creams - May 19, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- End of tunnel from Pakistan found - Aug 08, 2012
- Woman survives 12-feet fall - after landing on lover's Aston Martin! - May 13, 2010
- Its still 'Love-All' for Agassi and Graf - Apr 23, 2011
- Check out First Glimpse Of United Six - Jan 27, 2011
- Tunnel from Pakistan found near border in Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Brit girl, 5, digs up 160 million-year-old fossil with plastic seaside spade - Mar 18, 2011
- Aaron Denham wakes up from coma & makes a miraculous recovery - Aug 22, 2011
- Are there more tunnels on India-Pakistan border? - Jul 29, 2012
- Tunnels dug to reach Pakistan avalanche victims - Apr 11, 2012
- Three women labourers buried alive - Apr 19, 2011
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: 15 minutes, bit of fun, brave girl, coastal town, coastguards, daily mail, disaster, faith, friday afternoon, great yarmouth, london, michael anderson, miracle, norfolk county, paramedics, teenaged girl, yarmouth norfolk