Get ready for ‘bling’ iPads, Nintendo Wii gadgets ‘covered in gold and diamonds’May 17th, 2010 - 6:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 17 (ANI): Want to add a little bling to the most coolest of gadgets? Well, then contact luxury goods designer, Stuart Hughes, who has created a gold Apple iPad with diamonds encrusted in its logo.
The 39-year-old designer has covered a range of gadgets such as phones and TVs, as well as his “masterpiece” iPad covered in 22 carrat gold and 53 individual diamonds, reports the Telegraph.
The luxury 2.1kg iPad, which has sparkling gems set into its Apple logo, as well as a solid gold rear and screen surround, could cost about 130,000 pounds, which is substantially more expensive than the regular 600 pound model.
Hughes, from Liverpool, also offers a buget, gold-plated iPad for a more cost-friendly 2,000 pounds.
He has also designed luxury customised phones like diamond-encrusted Blackberrys, as well as the ultimate games console - a gold-plated Nintendo Wii “Supreme” costing 300,000 pounds.
He started creating the gadgets with Katherine, his wife, almost a decade ago and makes the luxurious gizmos by casting moulds in the shapes of the gadgets, before pouring in gold to complete the process.
The process can sometimes take up to six weeks.
“The process works for objects and gadgets people can relate to, and when we’re finished with the products they can often look bizarre and outrageous,” he said.
“We have gone for the higher end of the gadget end market. When someone spends 80,000 pounds on an expensive car, they don’t want to drive it home and find their next door neighbour has got the same one.
“It’s all about having something different, and that’s what we provide,” he added. (ANI)
- iPad encrusted with T-rex bone - Nov 02, 2011
- $8-mn iPad 2 features dinosaur bone - Jul 30, 2011
- The $8 Million Apple iPhone! - Oct 16, 2010
- Posh to gift Beckham gold headphones on X-Mas - Dec 18, 2010
- Yangon's gilded pride - the bejewelled Shwedagon Pagoda - May 29, 2012
- British school to give iPads to 1,400 students - Jul 15, 2011
- BBC bought iPads, iPhones not approved for staff - Mar 31, 2011
- Footballer swaps 36,000-pound watch with waiter - May 26, 2011
- At Rs.14.7 cr, this iPhone is world's costliest mobile - Nov 30, 2009
- Carey, Cannon preparing huge, expensive nursery for twins - Feb 21, 2011
- Ferrari unveils diamond-encrusted biography, costliest ever - Dec 01, 2011
- Mexican distiller unveils 'world's costliest' tequila bottle worth $3.5m - Nov 26, 2010
- MP's expense claims rise in a year - Sep 07, 2012
- New iPad Mini to be released in October - Aug 27, 2012
- Britain council gifts iPads to staff - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,