French ‘Spiderman’ scales Malaysia’s twin towersSeptember 1st, 2009 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Sep 1 (DPA) A French climber nicknamed “Spiderman” has climbed to the top of Malaysia’s Petronas Twin Towers, one of the world’s tallest buildings, a newspaper report said Tuesday.
Alain Robert, who has twice before attempted to scale the 88-storey landmark buildings in Kuala Lumpur, reportedly began his climb before dawn Tuesday, and managed to reach the peak before being caught by security officials.
Robert, 47, had been detained for not obtaining a permit for his feat, the Malay-language Utusan Malaysia said.
Robert had attempted to scale the building in 1997, and then again in 2007 when he was arrested after only managing to reach the tower’s 60th floor.
He has climbed more than 70 skyscrapers worldwide using his bare hands, including the New York Empire State Building, the Sears Tower in Chicago and the Taipei 101 tower in Taiwan.
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011
- Malaysian police detains 'Spiderman' - Sep 01, 2009
- French 'Spiderman' held for scaling Sydney skyscraper - Aug 30, 2010
- French 'Spiderman' Alain Robert briefly arrested after climbing Sydney skyscraper - Aug 31, 2010
- French spiderman foiled in attempt to scale Sydney skyscraper - Jun 01, 2010
- French Spidey Alain Robert to climb Burj Khalifa - Jan 17, 2010
- 'French Spiderman' in a net for climbing Sydney's Lumiere building - Aug 30, 2010
- French 'Spiderman' who climbed Malaysian tower fined - Sep 03, 2009
- Spiderman Arrested for Scaling Skyscraper in Sydney - Aug 31, 2010
- French 'Spiderman' scales 607ft skyscraper! - Apr 09, 2010
- French 'Spiderman' fined for climbing on Petronas tower - Sep 02, 2009
- Real-life Spiderman now scales San Francisco building - Sep 07, 2010
- 'Floating leaf' skyscraper coming up in Taiwan - Nov 21, 2010
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- Four-year-old Malaysian to climb Eiffel Tower - five times - Aug 27, 2008
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,