Fourth meeting of mission steering group of NRHM todayAugust 4th, 2008 - 10:18 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug 4 (ANI): The fourth meeting of the Mission Steering Group (MSG) of the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) will be held here today.
Apart from reviewing the progress of the mission so far, the Group will discuss important issues of extension of the scheme of Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) to all states along with extending their incentive scheme to performance based payment under National Leprosy Eradication Programme.
The Group will also discuss human resource augmentation for Disease Surveillance System.
Chaired by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss, the MSG has Ministers of Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Human Resource Development and Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission along with Minister of State of Health and Family Welfare.
Apart from the Secretaries of the concerned departments, the MSG has ten public health experts.
The Secretaries (Health and Family Welfare) of high focus States are nominated as members of the MSG for a period of one year each by rotation, by the Government of India.
The nominated Public Health Professionals hold office for a term of two years, and are eligible for re-nomination by the Government.
The MSG is fully empowered to approve financial norms in respect of all schemes and components, which are part of NRHM.
The exercise of delegated powers by the MSG are subject to the condition that a progress report regarding NRHM, alongwith deviation in financial norms, modifications in ongoing schemes and details of new schemes are placed before Cabinet for information on an annual basis. (ANI)
- Health ministry wary of merging AIDS department with NRHM - May 03, 2012
- 'Government to fund health mission for five more years' - Apr 26, 2012
- Now, over 53,500 workers at district healthcare facilities - Jun 16, 2010
- 'Fast-track mode work for 264 backward districts' - Apr 11, 2012
- NRHM gets higher allocation - Mar 16, 2012
- Court reserves judgment on Uttar Pradesh rural health scam - Sep 16, 2011
- Ministers to brief state Congress chiefs on welfare schemes - Dec 06, 2011
- Commendable progress made in rural health: official - Feb 27, 2011
- Indians to get free medicines, better health services (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh admits health scheme bungling - Apr 26, 2011
- Cheaper drugs, better health services for poor (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Launch of Red Ribbon Express' third phase Thursday - Jan 11, 2012
- CBI to probe Uttar Pradesh medical officers' killings - Jul 27, 2011
- Better Healthcare for Diabetes and Stroke patients - Jul 08, 2010
- P.K. Pradhan takes over as health secretary - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: asha, deputy chairman, disease surveillance, family welfare, focus states, government of india, human resource development, incentive scheme, leprosy eradication, minister of state, national rural health, national rural health mission, planning commission, public health experts, public health professionals, secretaries, social health, steering group, surveillance system, union minister