Four boys kill friend to avenge sister’s elopment (Lead, superseding earlier story)July 13th, 2011 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 13 (IANS) Four boys have been arrested for murdering a friend whose decomposed body was found near a railway track near here. The boys, all 15-year-olds, were said to have killed a friend as his uncle had eloped with the sister of one of them two years ago, police said Wednesday.
“We had found the highly decomposed body of a boy yesterday from near the railway tracks in Mani Majra (on the outskirts of Chandigarh). Investigations revealed it was the body of Shubham, 15, who was missing since July 9,” said Rajesh Shukla, investigation officer in the case.
Police said all the arrested boys were sent to a juvenile home here late Tuesday.
“Shubham’s father said he had gone out with four boys July 9 and did not return. We tracked the boys and interrogated them. During questioning, they confessed to the killing.. One of the accused wanted to take revenge as Shubham’s uncle had eloped with his sister two years ago,” he said.
Police said the boys took Shubham near the railway track and attacked him with sharp-edged weapons. All of them were residents of Rajiv Colony, a slum rehabilitation locality here.
- Four teenagers kill friend to avenge sister's elopment - Jul 13, 2011
- Eloped couple brought back to Delhi - Jul 11, 2011
- Two double murders leave Ludhiana shocked - Feb 03, 2012
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
- Madurai Police probing honour killing - Jul 08, 2010
- Two minors raped in Delhi - Jul 10, 2012
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- To fix wife, man fakes death, elopes with her lover's sister - Jun 11, 2011
- Son arrested for killing father over property dispute - Jun 26, 2012
- No arrests yet in MMS-linked Punjab double murder - Jan 14, 2012
- Jats likely to intensify stir in Haryana - Mar 10, 2012
- Couple axed to death in Punjab - Jan 10, 2011
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Couple found dead in Haryana, honour killing suspected (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010