Forget facelift and tummy tuck, bum lift is the latest cosmetic craze!September 28th, 2010 - 12:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 28 (ANI): Facelift and tummy tuck will soon become passé, for more and more women are opting for the trendier bum lift.
Constantino Mendieta is the inventor of the Miami Thong Lift, the latest way to a shapelier rear view. According to Mendieta, a Harvard-educated surgeon, there’s been a steady rise in numbers of women seeking a curvier bottom, like that of Miami’s famous resident J-Lo.
However, top-notch plastic surgeon Rajiv Grover explained that these operations could be risky.
Previously, the standard way to create a rounder, higher bottom was with silicone implants, similar to those used for breast enlargement.
“Implants have a tendency to move and, if they get infected, they have to be surgically removed,” The Daily Mail quoted Grover as saying.
So, Mendieta uses grafts of fat liposuctioned from the thighs or stomach, purified and then painstakingly injected - using a large needle - into the layers of muscle of the buttocks, changing their shape from flat to super-curvy and high. Because the fat belongs to the patient, there is no risk of rejection.
The scars left by the incisions needed to inject the fat are hidden, said Mendieta, ‘in the grand canyon where the thong goes’, hence the name of the procedure.
However, he warns that the procedure isn’t entirely risk-free.
“It needs to be done by a very experienced surgeon, in a hospital, in sterile conditions with good aftercare - if you get an infection it could cause a very large abscess,” said Mendieta.
Also, fat transfer is never 100 per cent predictable. If the fat dies and is re-absorbed by the body unevenly, you could end up with one buttock larger than the other. To say nothing of the bruising and swelling that can last for months.
Added to the risk, the cost is quite high too - 8,850 pounds. (ANI)
- Pippa Middleton inspires plastic surgery boom - Aug 12, 2011
- Florida transvestite charged with manslaughter after injecting woman's buttocks with cement - Jul 28, 2012
- Stem cells help women regrow breasts after surgery - Feb 20, 2011
- 'Love handles' repurposed for breast reconstruction in slim women - Apr 14, 2010
- New Therapy can ease irritable bowels - Jul 19, 2011
- Heidi Montag Undergoes Ten Surgeries In One Day - Jan 20, 2010
- Beware, liposucked fat can be back elsewhere - May 04, 2011
- Boob job 'most popular cosmetic surgery procedure' - Mar 27, 2011
- Madonna flashes derriere on stage - Jun 17, 2012
- Ex-Miss Argentina dies from cosmetic buttocks surgery - Dec 01, 2009
- 'Two for one' breast boosting technique not as viable as it seems - Sep 16, 2009
- FDA Issues A Cautionary Note About Fat-melting Injections - Apr 08, 2010
- Bolmax Periera undergoes open-heart surgery 'wide awake' - Dec 14, 2010
- Berlusconi 'may have paid for boob and lip jobs of 'bunga bunga' girls' - Mar 01, 2011
- Boob job boom - courtesy Cougars - Jun 19, 2010
Tags: abscess, breast enlargement, bum, buttock, buttocks, constantino mendieta, daily mail, facelift, grand canyon, grover, incisions, plastic surgeon, rajiv, rear view, scars, silicone implants, sterile conditions, thighs, top notch, tummy tuck