Forensic scientists rubbish Hitlers theory of Scandinavian racial purityJune 14th, 2008 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 14 (ANI): Forensic scientists have rubbished Adolf Hitlers theory of Scandinavian racial purity with a new scientific research that involved the study of human remains found in two ancient Danish burial grounds dating back to the Iron Age.
According to a report in the Telegraph, the findings, by researchers from the university of Copenhagen, explodes the Nazis much cherished concept of a superior Aryan race, with the discovery of a man who appears to be of Arabian origin in the burial grounds.
The racist theory, which placed the Aryans at the top of mankinds hierarchy and Jews at the bottom, played a central role in the Holocaust.
The findings suggest that human beings were as genetically diverse 2000 years ago as they are today and indicate greater mobility among Iron Age populations than was previously thought.
According to the new research, the concept of a single Scandinavian genetic type, a Scandinavian race that wandered to Denmark, settled there, and otherwise lived in complete isolation from the rest of the world, is a fallacy.
Far from being isolated and genetically pure, the study on the burial sites found that Danes mixed with peoples from across the globe.
It becomes clear that the Danes must have been in contact with other peoples, said scientist Linea Melchior, who analysed DNA from the Bogebjerggard and Skovgaarde sites.
Research at another early Danish burial site has unearthed a corpse of Siberian origin.
Both that body and the Arabian body discovered by Melchior, were buried in identical fashion to locals, thus showing that people from distant parts of the world could be and were absorbed in Danish communities. (ANI)
- Human beings were as genetically diverse 2000 years ago as they are today - Jun 10, 2008
- March of the Aryans: A window back into debris of time (Book Review) (With Image) - Aug 24, 2012
- First Americans 'reached Europe 500 years before Columbus voyages' - Nov 17, 2010
- Unearthed cities in Southern Siberia could rewrite Aryan history - Oct 04, 2010
- Scandinavian master of suspense finds inspiration from India (With Image) - May 17, 2011
- Olympics Archery: Indian women pipped by Denmark (Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Adolf Hitler Had Jewish-African Origins, Research Suggests - Aug 25, 2010
- Drogpa tribals in Kargil claim to be descendents of Aryans - Oct 14, 2010
- 'Stay green' DNA to help crops fight droughts - Jun 03, 2012
- DNA Reveals Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler Possibly of Jewish & African Decent - Aug 24, 2010
- China breeds first genetically engineered monkey - Oct 30, 2010
- Electromagnetism and gravity: Are they related? - Sep 20, 2011
- Denmark beat Australia 2-0 in final warm-up - Jun 03, 2012
- Bronze age cities built by Aryans discovered - Oct 04, 2010
- New study says that there has been no decline in sperm counts - Jun 08, 2011
Tags: adolf hitlers, aryan race, aryans, burial grounds, burial site, burial sites, corpse, fallacy, forensic scientists, hierarchy, holocaust, human beings, iron age, june 14, melchior, nazis, racial purity, rubbish, siberian origin, university of copenhagen