Fluent Russian must for Moscow taxi driversJuly 14th, 2010 - 1:59 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Moscow city government is planning to introduce a law to make fluent Russian speaking mandatory for the capital’s taxi drivers.
The bill will outline a number of requirements for taxi drivers to be included on the Moscow list of official drivers.
Taxi drivers will have to answer a series of questions to test their Russian and knowledge of Moscow. The drivers will also have to display their details, photo and tariffs in full view of the passenger.
Environmental safety requirements for the cabs will be tightened.
- Russian parliament approves chemical castration for paedophiles - Feb 23, 2012
- Moscow airport cops suspected of extortion - Aug 29, 2012
- Ammo blast kills six in Russia - May 03, 2012
- Russian accused of biting two policemen - Sep 08, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- West seeks Iran regime change: Putin - Feb 25, 2012
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011
- Russia may blacklist air passengers, pilots - May 16, 2012
- Russia ready to restore diplomatic ties with Georgia - Mar 03, 2012
- Russia opens inland water to foreign-flagged ships - Jul 15, 2011
- Child attacked by tiger in Russian zoo - Jan 04, 2012
- Photographer falls to death at Moscow rally - May 07, 2012
- Russian teen survives fall from 9th floor - Oct 30, 2011
- Russia military to form 26 new brigades by 2020 - Jul 17, 2012
- Russian military satellite falls in Pacific - Apr 08, 2012