First Indian digital X-Ray to hit market mid-2009January 5th, 2009 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 5 (IANS) The $17-billion healthcare equipment maker GE Healthcare Monday announced here the launch of India’s first fully digital X-Ray system.”GE Healthcare’s Tejas DR-F is going to be India’s first fully digital flat panel-based X-Ray system that will cost 40 percent lesser than imported digital machines,” V. Raja, president and chief executive of GE Healthcare (South Asia), told reporters at the launch.
“We will start commercially producing the machines by April in Bangalore and hope to market the product mid-2009. The machines will be priced between Rs.6.5-7.5 million depending on the configuration,” he added.
Raja said the digital X-Ray machine would work faster and more accurately than conventional analogue machines and also reduce the radiation significantly.
Though “made in India for India”, Tejas will also be exported to Southeast Asia, Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe and Africa.
GE Healthcare is also planning to launch mobile X-Ray machines soon.
- GE Healthcare offers IT solutions to Indian hospitals - Nov 29, 2009
- US firm to supply X-ray machines to Myanmar - Jul 17, 2012
- GE merges healthcare units with Wipro joint venture - Oct 02, 2009
- Phillips to innovate healthcare, electronic products for India - May 19, 2010
- Now, a CT scanner that reduces cancer risk - Aug 08, 2011
- Obese exposed to higher radiation levels - Apr 08, 2012
- GE Healthcare to make more diagnostic devices in India (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Star attacks planet with radiation - Sep 14, 2011
- Nuclear Power Corp to reach out to people, allay fears - Jan 09, 2012
- New tabletop device that produces high energy X-rays at lower costs - Oct 25, 2010
- Nations sign accord for 1 bn euro laser - Dec 01, 2009
- How safe are airport security scanners to humans: US study - Mar 17, 2011
- Indian astronomy satellite to study universe at multi-wavelengths - Jul 16, 2012
- India to form indigenous Tejas fighter squadron by 2013 (Lead, with Images) - Jan 10, 2011
- Now, HD body scanner that can spot heart problems in time - Jul 27, 2010