Film on descendants of martyrs of freedom struggleAugust 24th, 2011 - 12:57 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 23 (IANS) Telling the story of the plight of descendents of the forgotten martyrs of India’s independence struggle, a Delhi-based journalist is coming up with a two-hour historical film on the subject.
The film “1857-1947 Bharat ki Khoj: Gumnaan Shahidon Ke Vanshaj” is expected to be released Nov 24.
Under the aegis of his campaign ‘Aandolan: Ek Pustak Se’, journalist Shivnath Jha tells the story of the descendents of forgotten heroes of India’s freedom movement living in anonymity and penury.
“The campaign was launched by ‘Bismillah: The Beginning Foundation’ to identify, rescue and give a dignified life to the descendants of the forgotten heroes and martyrs of India’s freedom movement (1857-1947),” Jha said.
Speaking about the film Jha said that it will also include first person accounts of the descendents of these heroes.
“BBC and Doordarshan have a huge database of footage of the independence struggle. I am purchasing the footage and shall include the first person accounts of the descendents at relevant spots in the film,” he said.
- Delhi couple pens book on forgotten heroes of independence - Feb 03, 2011
- Mughal emperor's poverty-stricken descendent to get a job - Jul 01, 2009
- Impoverished Mughal royal descendant gets a helping hand - May 02, 2009
- A glimpse of historic Cellular Jail in Mumbai - Jan 24, 2012
- A coffee table book in aid of Bahadur Shah Zafar's descendants - Jan 04, 2010
- Bharat Ratna demanded for Bahadur Shah Zafar - Jun 29, 2011
- Bangladesh celebrates 41st independence day - Mar 26, 2012
- Pledge to be responsible citizens: TV stars - Aug 15, 2011
- Congress marks 'Quit India' movement's 70th anniversary - Aug 10, 2012
- Myanmar observers Martyrs' Day - Jul 19, 2012
- Happy Independence day, says B-town - Aug 15, 2012
- 100 years since Kolkata lost the crown - Dec 12, 2011
- Nation must accept Netaji's death: Biographer (Interview) - Jul 24, 2011
- Fascinating post-mortem of Indian Left (IANS Book Review) - Nov 22, 2011
- Bangladesh war hero who served three armies dead - May 07, 2011
Tags: aegis, anonymity, bbc, descendants, descendents, doordarshan, ek, first person, freedom movement, freedom struggle, heroes of india, independence struggle, jha, journalist, khoj, martyrs, penury, person accounts, plight, pustak