Female fashion robot to hit Japanese catwalkMarch 17th, 2009 - 2:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 17 (ANI): Japanese scientists have unveiled a female humanoid that could be the next supermodel.
Scientists from National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology have designed a “cybernetic human” that looks like an average Japanese woman.
However, the robot still needs to clear standards to share the catwalk with human models.
“Technologically, it hasn”t reached that level,” the Daily Express quoted Hirohisa Hirukawa, one of the robot’’s developers as saying.
“Even as a fashion model, people in the industry told us she was short and had a rather ordinary figure,” Hirukawa added.
The black-haired robot, called HRP-4C is over 60 inches tall and weighs 95 pounds.
The scientists revealed that the robot could be used in amusement parks, events to attract attention and simulations of human movement such as exercise instructor.
The female robot will appear in a Tokyo fashion show, although without any clothes, in a special section just for the robot next week. (ANI)
- Bizarre female robo 'croons by copying human singer' - Oct 15, 2010
- Female robot can sing like a pop star - Oct 15, 2010
- Table tennis playing robots debut in China - Oct 11, 2011
- Scientists create robot which registers human emotions - Jul 16, 2012
- Robot punches humans to test pain thresholds - Oct 14, 2010
- Japanese creates robotic buttocks that quiver - Jul 06, 2012
- NASA Robots' to help in space and in factories - Feb 09, 2010
- Artificial tornadoes developed to test Japanese homes - Dec 04, 2010
- Can robots be blamed for killing civilians? - Apr 24, 2012
- Robot marathon to take place in Japan - Feb 25, 2011
- Now, meet a robot teacher that took its first class in Tokyo school - May 12, 2009
- Smart 3-D simulation robots developed for Robocup 2010 - Jun 19, 2010
- Robot makes debut performance on stage - Nov 16, 2010
- Now, humanoid robots that can perform hip-hop! - Aug 28, 2010
- NASA turns on humanoid robot in space station - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: 4c, advanced industrial science, amusement parks, clothes, daily express, developers, exercise instructor, fashion model, fashion show, female fashion, female robot, human models, humanoid, japanese scientists, japanese woman, london, science and technology, simulations, tokyo fashion