Facebook hopes to dominate the mobile worldNovember 4th, 2010 - 6:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 04 (ANI): Social networking site Facebook has worked out a strategy by which it can become a dominant force in the mobile world, by making the mobile phone a more social experience and offering shopping discounts.
The company announced the opportunity for businesses to offer deals to users via their phone, and also revealed plans for a single sign-on that lets users log in to applications once with their Facebook name and password.
Mobile users are also twice as active on Facebook as people who are logging on via personal computers.
“There is obviously a lot of change in the mobile space and also a revolution happening in the social space,” the BBC quoted Mark Zuckerberg, cofounder of Facebook, as saying.
“What we have seen is you can rethink any product and rethink it to be social. Mobile is a big area of expansion and a huge new space.
“Combining those things together brings big opportunities for new companies to be built and for industries to be disrupted,” he added. (ANI)
- Now, Facebook launches its own phone - Feb 11, 2011
- Facebook CEO upgrades relationship status - Married (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 bn (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook expands 'Places Deals' service - Jan 31, 2011
- Facebook to buy Instagram for $1 bn - Apr 10, 2012
- Taiwan's Mediatek brings Facebook to entry level phones - Nov 08, 2011
- Facebook acquires Instagram for $1 billion - Apr 10, 2012
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Facebook CEO commits to lock his stock for 12 months - Sep 05, 2012
- Facebook sees India among key growth areas - Feb 03, 2012
- Thank you Steve, forever, say Indian youths - Oct 06, 2011
- Half of UK population using Facebook - Mar 04, 2011
- Monster India launches professional networking application for Facebook - Oct 04, 2011
- Facebook unveils new messaging system - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: bbc, cofounder, dominant force, facebook, mark zuckerberg, mobile phone, mobile space, mobile users, mobile world, personal computers, shopping, social experience, social networking site, social space, world london