Facebook couples ‘end up in bed quicker’January 27th, 2011 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 25 (ANI): Facebook, texting and other social networking tools make new couples to jump into bed faster, reveals a new US survey.
According that third annual sex survey by Shape and Men’s Fitness magazines, nearly four out of five women and three of five men say that digital intimacy leads to having sex faster, reports a foreign news agency.
However, only 38 percent of women said they have actually slept with a date any sooner because of online intimacy.
Smart phones and laptops are the new toys that lead to the bedroom, it said, with nearly 80 percent of women and 58 percent of men saying social media tools leads to sex faster.
Moreover, texting is the topmost way lovers keep in touch, with men texting 39 percent more often than calling and women 150 percent more.
As many as 65 percent of those polled said they had been asked out by text and 49 percent through a Facebook message.
And as soon as the relationship clicks, 72 percent of women reported scouring a current partner’s ex-girlfriends’ Facebook pages.
Even in the heat of passion, some people just can’t get enough of their digital devices, the survey found.
When a call or text comes in during sex, five percent of respondents said they glance to see who is calling and one percent said they stop to answer the phone.
And when the spark is extinguished, digital dumping is the new way to break up, with 43 percent of women and 27 percent of men reporting getting a text along the lines of “It’s not you, it’s me.”
For the heartbroken, the Internet keeps hope alive, with 81 percent of all respondents saying they won’t de-friend an ex on Facebook and 75 percent admitting to constantly checking a former sweetheart’s page. (ANI)
- Social networking 'leads to sex faster' - Jan 25, 2011
- Does Social networking leads to sex faster? - Jan 27, 2011
- Survey: Social Networking Leads to Sex Faster - Jan 26, 2011
- Facebook strengthening our social ties: Study - Nov 28, 2010
- 'More Indian teens using networking sites to communicate' - May 23, 2012
- Britons admit having sex with people they met on Facebook - Nov 15, 2010
- Women still value thoughtfulnes over sex - Oct 07, 2010
- One-third of Italian youth have unsatisfied sex - Feb 11, 2011
- 1 in 10 Brit couples only chat by email or text - Oct 06, 2010
- Women feel guilty dealing with work issues at home: Study - Mar 09, 2011
- Gen Y men put best self forward on Facebook: Study - Aug 11, 2010
- Women more nostalgic than men about sex with ex - Sep 21, 2012
- Indian youth hooked to text messaging: Survey - May 18, 2011
- 11pc Brits 'have had sex with someone they met on Facebook' - Nov 15, 2010
- Lovers likelier to text 'I love you' than write a love letter - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: ex girlfriends, facebook, fitness magazines, five men, five women, foreign news, having sex, heartbroken, heat of passion, intimacy, media tools, networking tools, new toys, news agency, respondents, sex survey, smart phones, social networking, sweetheart, texting