Eye surgeon bags international fellowshipJuly 25th, 2008 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) Aligarh Muslim University lecturer Ali Raza Rizvi, an eye surgeon, has bagged the international fellowship of the International Council of Ophthalmology, Britain, an official said Friday. “Rizvi received the fellowship in oculoplastics, orbit and ocular oncology,” AMU spokesperson Rahat Abrar told IANS on phone.
Rizvi, who teaches in the varsity’s department of ophthalmology, has specialised in operating various types of tumour formations in the eyes and their adjoining areas, he added.
He has also undergone training to treat cancer of eyes under Tero Kivela of Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland.
- AMU restores Hyderabad as centre for MBBS exam - Apr 30, 2010
- Plea against Aligarh Muslim University centres dismissed - Oct 08, 2010
- Rs.3 crore to Aligarh university for hockey turf - Oct 13, 2010
- Shah Rukh Khan to visit Aligarh Muslim University - Jan 19, 2010
- Rs.3.90 cr for Aligarh university hocky-turf (Lead) - Oct 13, 2010
- Website with 'largest digitization work' launched at AMU - Apr 30, 2010
- FIR against Aligarh varsity officials in gay teacher case (Lead) - Apr 10, 2010
- Dutch varsity to do research in eye care in India - Aug 22, 2012
- AMU seeks help against radioactive source - Jul 05, 2010
- AMU to start religious counselling for students - Mar 29, 2010
- AMU suspends six students for violence - Nov 05, 2009
- AMU to have 250-acre branch in Bihar - Nov 14, 2009
- Global experts at AMU's conference on chemistry - Mar 04, 2011
- Aligarh university shuts in the wake of violence - Oct 30, 2009
- AMU, Jamia born with minority character: Salman Khurshid - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: ali raza, aligarh muslim university, cancer, eye surgeon, finland, helsinki university, international council of ophthalmology, international fellowship, lucknow, oncology, orbit, spokesperson, university lecturer, varsity