Estonian woman wins $470,000 while shoppingJune 26th, 2012 - 12:09 pm ICT by IANS
Tallinn, June 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) An Estonian retiree, who took shelter in a casino while on her way to buy a frying pan, has hit jackpot and won a record 378,270 euros (over $470,000), a local newspaper reported.
The 63-year-old woman has requested to remain anonymous but agreed to give an account of the happiest day in her life to the Maaleht newspaper Monday.
“I was not planning on going to a casino that day,” the winner of the biggest jackpot in the history of the Estonian casino business said.
“I was heading to a shopping mall to buy a frying pan, but the rain had started and my husband and I hid in a casino. It all happened after about an hour of playing,” she said.
Overwhelmed with joy, the woman completely forgot to buy the frying pan she was looking for on that day.
According to the paper, the couple is planning to spend the money on traveling around the world.
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Estonia defence ministry attacked - Aug 11, 2011
- Ilves to be sworn in as Estonia's president - Oct 10, 2011
- Egyptian military says not to hold legal power - Feb 12, 2011
- Russian woman found living with husband's body - Mar 11, 2012
- Estonian charged with spying for Russia - Feb 23, 2012
- Over 100 patients survive roof collapse in Siberia - Jan 30, 2011
- France votes in crucial presidential run-off - May 06, 2012
- Iraqi minister survives assassination attempt - Apr 03, 2011
- UN lifts no-fly zone over Libya - Oct 28, 2011
- Medvedev urges security for Russian diplomats in Libya - Mar 19, 2011
- Russia condemns Iraq terror attacks - Aug 16, 2011
- Estonia mourns deaths at orphanage fire - Feb 21, 2011
- Egyptian protesters find support among Yemenis - Jan 30, 2011
- Putin not interested to solve Russian problems: Gorbachev - Aug 16, 2011