Enhanced cleavage makes women more confident: StudyMarch 21st, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 21 (IANS) British scientists have measured the effect an enhanced cleavage has on confidence - and found there is a direct link, the Daily Mail reported.
The unique study, led by scientists at Manchester University proves for the first time the clear connection between a cleavage-enhancing bra and increased confidence — prompting the study lead professor Geoff Beattie to call for a stop to “unnecessary boob jobs”.
The study involved scrutinising the behaviours of non-surgically enhanced women in push-up bras to monitor if bigger cleavage gave a significant confidence boost.
A total of 60 video recordings were made of female participants aged 20 to 55. Footage was compared of them wearing a push-up bra and wearing their own normal, everyday bra.
Beattie and his team analysed the three key micro-behaviours associated with confidence and observed their frequency within the recordings.
Smiling - which represents positive emotion and signals confidence increased dramatically by 73 percent when the women were wearing a push-up bra.
Averting gaze and breaking eye contact - normally associated with low confidence - decreased by 41 percent, the Mail said Tuesday.
- New M&S 'boob job' bra set to hit UK shelves - Jul 15, 2010
- World's oldest Wonderbra discovered - Apr 23, 2010
- Women's luscious red lips - the biggest turn on for men! - Nov 25, 2010
- Cleavage enhancing bra sends M&S sales soaring - Oct 08, 2010
- They're making most of plunging necklines in life! - Mar 30, 2012
- Paris Hilton to boost her assets with push-up lingerie - Jan 22, 2010
- Megan Fox sizzles in new Armani underwear ad - Jun 19, 2010
- Cleavage enhancing bra to be UK's cheapest - Jun 14, 2010
- The rise and fall of bust sizes among Brit girls - Dec 29, 2010
- Kim Kardashian celebrates National Cleavage Day in daring low-cut dress - Apr 01, 2011
- Not all 'flat-chested women want big boobs' - Sep 27, 2010
- New 'boob job' bra boosts breasts' size in seconds! - Nov 12, 2009
- First L-cup bra released - Jan 22, 2011
- Elle Macpherson launches new collection of underwear 'Bare and Bold' - Dec 24, 2010
- Kim Kardashian shows off ample cleavage even at kids' event - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: behaviours, boob jobs, british scientists, cleavage, confidence, daily mail, emotion, eye contact, female participants, gaze, london march, manchester university, march 21, push up bra, push up bras, signals, video recordings, wearing a push up bra