Emotional, psychological problems trigger erectile dysfunctionJanuary 8th, 2009 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Jan 8 (IANS) Erectile dysfunctions are more common among people who are depressed or anxiety ridden, a recent study says.Emotional as well as psychological problems resulting in mental fatigue, stress, guilt or relational problems effect a man’s potential to have lasting erections and triggers erectile dysfunction (ED, wich is defined as inability to have lasting erections).
ED are bound to occur even if the causes are medical but influences man emotionally and psychologically, leading to more severe erectile problems.
In such case a man may avoid having sex - which will only reinforce anxiety or depression, overshadowing actual underlying causes, said online reports quoting the Glickman Urological Institute.
The body just doesn’t respond and makes the penis puffy with fluid in the tissues, the report says.
Erection begins with sexual arousal, which the brain then transmits to the body, increasing blood flow to the penis, allowing it to become erect. Anything wrong at any stage triggers ED.
- Non-invasive extenders better than surgery for men who want longer penis - Apr 19, 2011
- Staggering 26 pct of Chinese men suffer from erectile dysfunction - Jul 12, 2010
- One in four Chinese men impotent: Study - Jul 12, 2010
- Top 10 most common sex myths revealed - May 31, 2010
- Protein may help cure erectile dysfunction after surgery - Jun 09, 2010
- Popping too many pills ruins bedroom performance - Nov 15, 2011
- Brazil spider's venom could help in man's sexual life - Aug 30, 2012
- NSAID use linked to increased risk of erectile dysfunction - Mar 03, 2011
- The secret to longer-lasting sex lies in your arteries - Dec 01, 2010
- Depressed men with erectile dysfunction face cardio problems - Jul 13, 2010
- Marijuana use could lead to sexual dysfunction in men - Feb 12, 2011
- Hair loss drug may result in loss of libido in men - Jan 12, 2011
- Erectile dysfunction wired to restless leg syndrome - Jan 01, 2010
- Spider bite can trigger four-hour long erections - Mar 08, 2011
- Tai Chi an alternative treatment for chronic pain condition - Aug 19, 2010