Eleven students die by inhaling poison gas in China

December 2nd, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS  

ShaanXian (China), Dec 2 (Xinhua) Eleven students at a girls’ secondary school in northwest China died after inhaling poison gas, authorities said Tuesday.Another student has been admitted to a hospital with serious respiratory damage sustained in the accident which happened late Monday night in Shaanxi province.

The students were reported to be trying to make fire to keep their dormitory warm in Duiziliang school in Yulin city when they inhaled poisonous carbon monoxide gas.

No further details of the accident were immediately available.

Shaanxi vice governor Zhu Jingzhi, along with some other officials with the provincial educational and health departments, arrived at the school to investigate the case.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Health Science |

Subscribe