Elderly director sues woman over ‘faked romance’August 7th, 2012 - 5:47 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) An elderly theatre director has sued his young ex-girlfriend, claiming she had tricked him into buying her a $775,000 apartment.
Natasha Diamond-Walker, 27, was accused in court documents of pretending to be in love with Italian director Antonio Calenda and then dumping him once he had paid for her Manhattan home, the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
Diamond-Walker, who performs with the Martha Graham Dance Company and studied at Fordham University, was painted as a gold-digger in the lawsuit.
The suit was filed Monday in Manhattan Supreme Court for the cost of the one-bedroom condo plus seeking an extra $1 million in damages.
The couple met while working on a project in Italy together last year. They began a 10-month romance where the young woman was showered with expensive gifts by the experienced director, who separated from his wife 10 years ago, according to the newspaper.
- Rajat Gupta asks US judge to hear his suit - Apr 13, 2011
- Nancy Dell'Olio loses court action against the Daily Mail - Dec 21, 2011
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
- Miss San Antonio Domonique Ramirez Asked To Drop Her Crown For Weight Gain - Feb 10, 2011
- US drops charges against Rajat Gupta - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Nikita' lawsuit meritless: Elton John - Apr 28, 2012
- American Apparel founder sued for $250m for using teenage worker as sex slave - Mar 09, 2011
- US man agrees to pay neighbours $2K every time he smokes cigars - Feb 24, 2011
- Bruce Willis to sell New York home at loss - Apr 18, 2011
- Jury will not see pics of sex statues in Prince of Brunei lawsuit - Nov 10, 2010
- Martha Stewart sued in a patent issue for her bedbug mattress - Sep 12, 2010
- No topic off limits for Paul Taylor's dance troupe - Feb 19, 2011
- 'Black Swan' involved in lawsuit - Dec 28, 2010
- Martin Scorsese sued over accountant's fees - Jul 10, 2010
- Court martial begins in US military base sex scandal - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: 1 million, 10 years, antonio calenda, apartment, bedroom condo, court documents, daily mail, damages, ex girlfriend, expensive gifts, fordham university, gold digger, italian director, martha graham dance, martha graham dance company, monday in manhattan, romance, supreme court, theatre director, young woman