Eid ul-Fitr celebrations all over IndiaOctober 2nd, 2008 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 2 (ANI): Eid ul-Fitr was celebrated in India marking the end of the fasting during the holy month of Ramadan.
In New Delhi, Muslims thronged the Jama Masjid to offer Eid prayers. Wishing the nation a ”Happy Eid”, the devotees prayed for peace and happiness.
“After keeping fast for 30 days, Allah has given us Eid as a gift. We celebrate it with lot of fervor and offer prayers in the mosques,” said Mohammad Muzamil, a devotee.
At Jamia Nagar locality, Muslims offered Eid prayers at the mosque near the Batla House wearing a black band on their arms in protest against the recent arrests of two young men from the locality for suspected involvement in the serial blasts in New Delhi last month.
Many of them claimed that the arrested youth are innocent, but others who came to offer prayers said that they are against those who are taking part in violent activities and spreading terror.
“Everybody in this country whether Hindu or Muslim are united. There are a few miscreants who are spreading hatred and violence. We are against them,” said Haji Israr Ahmed, another devotee.
As is customary, Muslims embraced each other and exchanged Eid greetings after the prayers.
Muslims believe Eid is not only just a time of spiritual devotion and verbal expressions of love and brotherhood, but is also a time of religious unity when people from all religions and nationalities come together to share greetings.
Eid-ul-Fitr means ”the feast of breaking fast” and is celebrated at the end of holy month of Ramadan. During Ramadan, they observe fast during daylight hours. During the ”Roza” or fasting, they are forbidden to eat, drink or indulge in any form of pleasure. (ANI)
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- Iranian supreme leader pardons over 1,200 prisoners - Aug 29, 2011
- Gaiety marks Eid in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Delhi - Aug 31, 2011
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- Eid celebrated in Meghalaya - Aug 31, 2011
- Delhi celebrates Eid with feasting and fervour - Aug 20, 2012
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Chinese Muslims celebrate Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Muslims across India offer prayers on last Friday of Ramadan - Sep 03, 2010
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
Tags: daylight hours, devotee, eid, eid prayers, eid ul fitr, happy eid, holy month of ramadan, israr ahmed, jama masjid, miscreants, month of ramadan, muzamil, peace and happiness, ramadan, religious unity, roza, share greetings, spiritual devotion, verbal expressions, violent activities