eBay bans sale of ‘magic spells’August 18th, 2012 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 18 (IANS) Online shopping giant eBay will now forbid the sale of “magic spells, potions, and curses” after users said supernatural claims “often result in issues that can be difficult to resolve”, a media report said.
In a policy update, the website said sales of “advice, spells, curses, hexing, conjuring, magic services, prayers, blessings, Psychic, Tarot, Reiki, and other metaphysical readings and services, magic potions (and) healing sessions” were all forbidden from Aug 30, the Telegraph reported.
eBay said it was discontinuing a small number of categories “within the larger Metaphysical sub-category” based on user feedback that supernatural claims “often result in issues that can be difficult to resolve”.
Currently, magical listings include services from “a genuine witch and spell caster of Irish descent”, “a white magic healing spell” that claims a 100 percent success rate and “a black magic marriage to hell curse” to break up couples, the daily said.
It said eBay was trying to shake off a reputation as a haven for fraudsters. It recently cracked down on counterfeit software and designer clothing.
Etsy, another website, has issued a similar ban on sales of items that include “human remains or body parts”, including “things such as skulls, bones, articulated skeletons, bodily fluids, and preserved tissues or organs”.
- EBay Bans Spells and Potions - Aug 31, 2012
- Olympic Torch sold for over £150,000 on the auction site eBay - May 22, 2012
- RBI permits PayPal exporters $3,000 per transaction - Oct 15, 2011
- eBay bans the auction of date with Virgin Mary - Dec 07, 2011
- Madonna cancels auction of her journals on eBay - May 06, 2010
- FIEO ties up with eBay, PayPal to boost exports - Apr 12, 2012
- Obama's Chrysler 300 up for sale - Jan 27, 2012
- Buddhist healing practice for dogs! - Mar 03, 2012
- eBay registers its first car purchase in India - Sep 16, 2010
- Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 billion - May 10, 2011
- Chinese relics illegally sold online - Mar 21, 2011
- Anderson to auction her car to raise funds - Jan 14, 2012
- eBay removes Anna Nicole Smith' used lingerie auction - May 20, 2010
- 'Mini Skirt Meteorology' can be used to predict the weather in advance - Jun 02, 2010
- UK Government puts up aircraft carrier HMS Invincible for sale - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: blessings, bodily fluids, body parts, counterfeit software, curse, curses, designer clothing, ebay, fraudsters, healing spell, human remains, irish descent, magic potions, magic spells, metaphysical readings, skeletons, skulls bones, spell caster, spells potions, success rate