Ears can play key role in landing a job!March 5th, 2009 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 5 (ANI): Think your references and qualifications are more than enough to help you land a job? Well, youre certainly mistaken, for your ears too may play a key role in the process at least as far as a Chinese firm is concerned.
A Wuhan-based building materials firm in China has said that it makes it a point to ensure that aspirants appearances won”t have a negative effect on customers.
One applicant, Li, of Wuhan, who was interviewed for a job as a secretary, said she was amazed at the request.
“We had a nice talk, but at the end of the interview the job interviewer suddenly asked me to show him my ears,” The Courier Mail quoted her as telling the Chutian Daily.
But, in desperation to get the job, she reluctantly went along with the request.
Lin, one of the company’’s interviewers, said facial expression, including the ears, played a big part in how workers were perceived by customers.
“Besides their capabilities and diplomas, we pay special attention to their faces since a good face can leave our clients with a good impression of the company,” he said. (ANI)
- Sampras, Moya join hometown hero Li Na for exhibition tournament - Dec 17, 2011
- Shanghai's courier firms to open parcels before delivery - Feb 21, 2012
- A Chinese couple that wants to resemble twins - Aug 24, 2012
- Lin Dan to lead China's challenge in Thomas Cup - May 18, 2012
- Chinese man lied about buying US bank, arrested - Jun 11, 2012
- IGNOU diploma can get you job at BHEL - Jun 29, 2011
- Scars, birthmarks stigmatise job seekers - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Chinese journalists still face attacks, harassment' - Nov 06, 2010
- Princess Beatrice lands job - Jul 09, 2012
- Chinese officials put on live TV show sweat it out - Jul 13, 2012
- Lee Chong Wei keeping relaxed ahead of London Olympics - May 21, 2012
- 'Some customers like to play spoilsport' - May 18, 2012
- Corporate logos can both help and harm - May 17, 2011
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Trying to build beauty brand? Find a USP - Feb 08, 2012