Dungeon dads incest child making miraculous recoveryMay 22nd, 2008 - 4:44 pm ICT by admin
London, May 22 (ANI): Kerstin, one of the children Austrian incest fiend Josef Fritzl fathered with his daughter Elisabeth, is showing signs of a miraculous recovery as she fights for her life in coma.
Medics are so amazed by Kerstins fightback that they are considering trying to wake her.
When Fritzl rushed her to hospital last month, medics feared the 19-year-old would die from kidney failure.
Doctors said the dungeon existence had triggered serious infections and Kerstin was put into an artificial coma at the hospital in Amstetten, Austria.
At one point, ghostly-white Kerstin was given just hours to live after her vital organs began to shut down.
Now specialists say she is showing signs of recovery, although severe cramps could have left her with a shortage of oxygen and therefore brain damage.
Kerstins condition has greatly improved in recent days. The medication keeping her in an artificial coma is being slowly reduced, The Daily Star quoted Dr Albert Reiter, as saying.
This is the first phase in the process of eventually waking her up. How long this will take is something we cannot say, he added. (ANI)
- Josef Fritzl's house to be torn down - Jan 23, 2011
- Dungeon dad's Austrian home to be pulled down after becoming tourist attraction - May 02, 2011
- Fritzl's house of horror to be torn down in 2011 - Dec 22, 2010
- Germany's 'Josef Fritzl' jailed for 14-and-a-half years - Mar 23, 2011
- Dungeon dad Fritzl 'planned to kill family in acid bath' to hide crimes - Nov 11, 2010
- Fritzl to get extra hour in bed and roast chicken dinner on Christmas Day - Dec 22, 2010
- Elisabeth Fritzl wants her dad to rot behind bars - Mar 21, 2009
- Josef Fritzl 'scared for his life in prison' - Mar 09, 2010
- Fritzl's secret dungeon to be welded shut after becoming teen party venue - Feb 15, 2011
- After locking up, raping daughter, father faces life sentence - Mar 15, 2009
- Trial of Austrian incest suspect to start in mid-March - Jan 22, 2009
- Daughter of Austrian incest victim awake after weeks in coma - Jun 10, 2008
- Fritzl offered ''luxury'' jail deal for not contesting his case - Mar 14, 2009
- Polish man given 10 years jail for raping daughter - Feb 05, 2010
- Fritzl planned to kill his dungeon family in acid bath - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: amstetten, brain damage, cramps, daily star, daughter elisabeth, doctors, dr albert, existence, fiend, fightback, incest child, kidney failure, london, medication, medics, miraculous recovery, oxygen, reiter, signs, vital organs