Dumb women ‘more likely to go after rich guys’June 22nd, 2010 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 22 (ANI): Women with low IQs are more likely than smarter women to go after rich men, according to a new research.
Experts say that it’s not that women with a low IQ are naturally greedy, but they may instinctively be trying to line up financial security for their future kids.
Study author Dr. Christine Stanik of University of Michigan told the Daily Mail that it’s ‘only natural’ for poorly educated women with dismal job prospects to seek out rich men.
“In ancient times, women evolved an attraction to men with wealth because they knew such a mate could improve the chances of their offspring’s survival,” the New York Daily News quoted Stanik as saying.
“It is a very strong gut feeling that is hard to shake off, especially when a woman does not have her own career, which would give her financial independence,” Stanik added.
The research also revealed that smart women who are independently wealthy are more likely than dumb ones to have a short-term affair, a phenomenon that Stanik said was due to the women’s heightened confidence. (ANI)
- Why men like 'dumb-looking' women - May 24, 2012
- 'Kids of 40-plus moms are smarter' - May 22, 2012
- Low IQ scores linked to increased suicide attempts in men - Jun 04, 2010
- Dieting in pregnancy can lower baby's IQ - Jan 18, 2011
- Attractive people have higher IQs: Study - Jan 17, 2011
- Why smart men date less intelligent women - Mar 07, 2011
- Christine Bleakley: 'Girls who want to be WAGs make me despair' - Feb 22, 2011
- Women find men with smouldering eyes 'shifty' - May 13, 2012
- Grim economy turns men to finding more sex partners - Oct 14, 2011
- It's official: Men look at women's faces over bodies for marriage - Sep 15, 2010
- Exposure to pesticides in mothers linked to kids low IQ - Apr 22, 2011
- Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionaires - May 13, 2011
- Study reveals that 'Modern Men Prefer Brains to Looks' - Sep 10, 2012
- Financially independent women 'seek older, more attractive male partners' - Dec 11, 2010
- Men living in low-income neighborhoods 'drink more than women' - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: daily mail, dr christine, dumb ones, dumb women, financial independence, financial security, future kids, gut feeling, iqs, job prospects, new york daily news, offspring, research experts, rich men, smart women, stanik, study author, term affair, times women, york daily news