Dream to be like Kareena Kapoor? Give up non-vegetarian food!September 15th, 2008 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 15 (IANS) Her glowing skin and svelte figure has millions of girls aspiring to be in her shoes. But Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor says it is her ‘vegetarian’ diet that keeps her fit and glowing.”Apart from doing yoga to keep myself fit, I am a pure vegetarian. I don’t eat meat and that has helped me a lot to keep fit,” Kareena told reporters here over the weekend.
“I am proud to be a vegetarian and I am against those who eat meat. Go green to be fit, that’s the best way for me at least,” she added.
Kareena had given up non-vegetarian food in 2006, that is two years after she started dating actor and former beau Shahid Kapur, a strict vegetarian himself.
But even after her break-up with Shahid, the actress has continued to follow a vegetarian diet to keep her weight in check.
In fact, in 2007, Kareena had also won the ‘Cutest Vegetarian’ online poll conducted by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India’s youth division ‘PETA Dishoom’. She shared the title with actor R. Madhavan.
Apart from eating vegetarian food for her figure and fitness, Kareena’s water intake is high to keep her skin radiant.
“I drink a lot of water for my skin. And yes, my mom is beautiful, so it is also my parents who have gifted me with beautiful skin,” she said.
- Dhanush, Mallika named hottest vegetarians - Jan 20, 2012
- Miranda Kerr reveals her health and beauty secrets - Mar 10, 2011
- In winter, eat right to good skin - Nov 30, 2010
- Amrita Rao, a proud vegetarian - Jul 14, 2011
- Go vegetarian, it's healthier: Poorna - Jul 10, 2012
- Mendes glows with meat-free diet - Apr 27, 2012
- Go vegetarian, urges Veena Malik - Oct 06, 2011
- Shahid voted Asia's sexiest vegetarian man - Jul 01, 2011
- Kareena Kapoor gorges on aloo, gobhi paranthas - Jan 20, 2012
- No one can become Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - Sep 11, 2012
- Salman a guiding force: Sonu Sood (Film Snippets) - Sep 08, 2010
- Shahid promotes vegetarianism in new PETA ad (With Images) - Apr 11, 2011
- Angelina Jolie loves red meat - Aug 29, 2010
- Freida Pinto's skincare tips - May 05, 2010
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: actress, beautiful skin, eat meat, ethical treatment of animals, glowing skin, India, kareena kapoor, lot of water, mom, New Delhi, people for the ethical treatment of animals, poll, shahid kapur, shoes, svelte figure, treatment of animals, vegetarian diet, vegetarian food, water intake, yoga