Dog plays mom to three tiger cubsJune 11th, 2012 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 11 (IANS) A dog in a China zoo plays the role of a mother to three abandoned Siberian tiger cubs as she not only breastfeeds them but also shoulders the responsibility of protecting them.
The staff of Nanning zoo in Guangxi Zhuang region found a surrogate dog mother for the cubs who had been abandoned by their natural mother, the People’s Daily reported Monday.
The dog’s three puppies also get along very well with the tiger cubs, it said.
- No more photos with Siberian tiger cubs in China - Jul 19, 2012
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Odisha orders probe into five tiger cubs' death - Nov 21, 2011
- China sentences three to death for killing tax official, family - Nov 11, 2011
- Man hacks three kids to death in China - Sep 21, 2012
- Third tiger cub at Patna zoo also dead - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Olympics panda' born in China - Jul 29, 2012
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- Five tiger cubs die in Odisha's Nandankanan zoo - Nov 18, 2011
- Adopted Chinese Americans begin root-seeking journey - Jul 28, 2011
- Man eaten alive in tiger enclosure - Jul 11, 2012
- Panna has a new resident - Kanha's orphan tigress - Nov 13, 2011
- Chinese men don 'honeybee suits' for show! - Nov 22, 2010
- Kanha's second orphaned tigress sent to Panna reserve - Nov 13, 2011
- Tiger cubs found in Tripura - Apr 09, 2011