Doctor beaten up after patient’s death in PunjabMay 21st, 2008 - 12:40 am ICT by admin
Jalandhar, May 20 (IANS) A doctor, who owns a private hsopital here, was beaten up Tuesday and a hospital floor was ransacked by agitated family members of a patient, who died there. Tension prevailed outside the Doaba Hospital in Lajpat Nagar till Tuesday evening after relatives mercilessly beat up the doctor, Ashutosh Gupta, who runs the hospital.
The relatives also ransacked the entire ground floor of the hospital.
The police booked relatives of the patient, Paramjit, and local Congress leader Gian Chand on charges of attempt to murder.
Local doctors staged a protest sit-in outside the hospital, demanding the arrests of the attackers.
Relatives of the dead patient blocked another road in the city, demanding that the doctor be booked for medical negligence.
They alleged that the patient died because he was not properly attended to.
- Police baton charge injures scribes, cop suspended - Dec 13, 2011
- Agra doctors call off strike - May 28, 2011
- African youth in coma since April, father seeks Badal's help - Jul 06, 2012
- Junior doctors suspend work in Kolkata hospital - Sep 25, 2010
- Badal announces Rs 5 lakh assistance for African in coma (Third Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Gurgaon doctors booked for death due to negligence - Jul 01, 2012
- Probe begins into children's deaths in Tirupati hospital - Aug 16, 2012
- Four jail guards arrested for undertrial's escape - May 12, 2011
- Andhra junior doctors call off strike - May 09, 2011
- African in coma: Father complains against university - Jul 08, 2012
- More Mumbai doctors strike work demanding safety - Sep 09, 2011
- Hyderabad boy dies after corporal punishment, teacher booked - Sep 14, 2012
- India assures Burundi of help for African youth in coma (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- African in coma: Badal tells police to spare no one (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 06, 2012
- Main accused in African student's assault held in Punjab - Jul 10, 2012