Disney animators ‘recycled’ old scenesApril 21st, 2009 - 4:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 21 (ANI): Many classic Disney films contain scenes that were copied from the studio’s earlier hits, a new study has found.
The clip, which revealed the astonishing finding, shows how backgrounds and action sequences were re-used over and again by its animators, who added new details such as different faces, haircuts or colours to the characters.
Large chunks of the 1973 hit Robin Hood were lifted frame-by-frame from Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, premiered in 1937, The Jungle Book (1967) and The Aristocats (1970).
A flagrant rip-off is in the 1977 hit Winnie The Pooh, where Pooh and Christopher Robin walk on a tree trunk identical to Mowgli’s in The Jungle Book, reports The Sun.
The process is reportedly known as rotoscoping and is regularly used in animation.
Walt Disney first used it in Snow White but, to save money and time, then began tracing existing scenes.
One fan said: “Disney made one movie and they’ve been tracing it ever since.” (ANI)
- Disney's 50th animated feature 'Tangled' to hit Indian screens Jan 21 - Jan 09, 2011
- Winnie the Pooh to debut in Indian cinemas - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Winnie The Pooh' is a masterpiece (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 13, 2011
- Disney begins work on Winnie the Pooh film - Sep 12, 2009
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Chinese kids learn English from toons - Aug 04, 2010
- Winnie the Pooh is back - and he's got a new friend - Oct 01, 2009
- Snow White, Robin Hood give kids wrong message about 'stranger danger' - Apr 12, 2009
- New, animated series of Jungle Book to hit British TV - Apr 19, 2010
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- Monsters Inc. and Muppets returning - Apr 26, 2010
- Disney wins legal battle over Winnie the Pooh rights - Sep 30, 2009
- Cameron to build an 'Avatar' theme park - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Lion King' to be released in 3D - Sep 17, 2011
- Disney's Princess Cinderella to visit India - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: action sequences, animation, aristocats, christopher robin, chunks, classic disney, colours, different faces, disney, disney animators, disney films, frame by frame, haircuts, jungle book, new details, robin hood, rotoscoping, snow white and the seven dwarfs, tree trunk, walt disney