Delhi to have All India Institute of AyurvedaOctober 24th, 2008 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 24 (IANS) The government has approved the setting up of an All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in the national capital for research and scientific validation of ayurvedic medicines.Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Panabaka Lakshmi told the Rajya Sabha Friday that the government has approved setting up of the institute in Sarita Vihar.
The institute will focus on fundamental research, drug safety evaluation, standardization, quality control and scientific validation of ayurvedic medicine, she said.
The institute would offer postgraduate and doctoral courses.
It will have a 200 bed research and referral hospital for facilitating clinical research.
“The All India Institute of Ayurveda would be fully functional by the end of 11th Five Year Plan by March, 2012,” she added.
It will have the capacity to treat about 250 to 300 patients daily, she said.
- An AIIMS-like ayurveda hospital to come up in Delhi - Jul 10, 2009
- Quality certificate for ayurvedic medicines - Aug 30, 2011
- Rajya Sabha clears research academy bill - Dec 21, 2011
- Bengal to focus on ayurveda - Jul 12, 2011
- Kerala to take ayurveda tourism to next level (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Apollo Hospitals to conduct research in ayurveda - Mar 14, 2010
- Kerala mulls tax concession on ayurveda medicines - Feb 13, 2012
- AIIMS like health care institute set up in Shillong - Dec 12, 2008
- Cabinet approves setting up of Pharmacopoeia Commission for Indian Medicine - May 13, 2010
- NIMHANS to be an institute of national importance - Oct 20, 2010
- Delhi to get three new hospitals - Oct 14, 2011
- NIMHANS now institute of national importance - Oct 20, 2010
- Standards for AYUSH medical colleges to be raised - May 10, 2011
- Tata Beverages, Kerala Ayurveda to form joint venture - Jan 28, 2011
- Panel to look into irregularities in drug trials - May 11, 2012