Delhi rape victims to get Rs.3 lakh as compensationMay 14th, 2012 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Victims of rape and acid attacks in the capital will be given a compensation of Rs.3-5 lakh, the Delhi government announced Monday.
The relief will come under the central government’s Victim Compensation Scheme, which was given a go-ahead at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday.
“The cabinet has decided to implement the union government’s Victim Compensation Scheme and has also decided to grant a budgetary allocation of Rs.15 crore initially,” Dikshit told reporters here.
“While in the case of loss of life, the compensation of Rs.3 to 5 lakh will be provided to the kin of the deceased, the monetary relief for amputation resulting in 80 percent or more permanent disability will range between Rs.2 and 3 lakh,” she said.
The victims of human trafficking, child abuse and kidnapping would be given a compensation of Rs.50,000 and on injury to a child victim, Rs.10,000.
The victims of acid attack in case of disfigurement of face will be getting compensation between Rs.2 to 3 lakh and in other cases of injury Rs.50,000.
- Bengal to compensate victims of crimes against women - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi cabinet approves hike in ex-gratia amount - Mar 09, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit meets Delhi fire victims - Nov 21, 2011
- Congress criticises Mamata's move to compensate rape victims - Sep 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan orders judicial probe into Kerala stampede - Jan 15, 2011
- High tech, swanky media centre for Delhi journalists - Aug 03, 2010
- Kerala cuts tax on hiked fuel price - May 18, 2011
- Compensation for Kerala lorry blast victims - Sep 03, 2012
- Rs.2 lakh relief for kin of those killed in Delhi blaze (Lead) - Nov 21, 2011
- Meghalaya to compensate rape victims - Feb 29, 2012
- Kerala partly complies with NHRC order on endosulphan victims - Jun 11, 2012
- Court asks government for relief to blast victims (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- List of victims being compiled for compensation: Chidambaram - Sep 10, 2011
- Mangalore air crash: Rs.75 lakh for each victim's kin (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Stay on Rs.75 lakh compensation to Mangalore crash victims - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: acid attack, acid attacks, amputation, budgetary allocation, cabinet meeting, chief minister, child victim, compensation scheme, delhi government, disfigurement, lakh, monetary relief, rape victims, rs 2, rs 50, sheila dikshit, union government, victim compensation, victims of human trafficking, victims of rape