Delhi rape victims to get Rs.3 lakh as compensationMay 14th, 2012 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) Victims of rape and acid attacks in the capital will be given a compensation of Rs.3-5 lakh, the Delhi government announced Monday.
The relief will come under the central government’s Victim Compensation Scheme, which was given a go-ahead at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Monday.
“The cabinet has decided to implement the union government’s Victim Compensation Scheme and has also decided to grant a budgetary allocation of Rs.15 crore initially,” Dikshit told reporters here.
“While in the case of loss of life, the compensation of Rs.3 to 5 lakh will be provided to the kin of the deceased, the monetary relief for amputation resulting in 80 percent or more permanent disability will range between Rs.2 and 3 lakh,” she said.
The victims of human trafficking, child abuse and kidnapping would be given a compensation of Rs.50,000 and on injury to a child victim, Rs.10,000.
The victims of acid attack in case of disfigurement of face will be getting compensation between Rs.2 to 3 lakh and in other cases of injury Rs.50,000.
- Bengal to compensate victims of crimes against women - Sep 07, 2012
- Delhi cabinet approves hike in ex-gratia amount - Mar 09, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit meets Delhi fire victims - Nov 21, 2011
- Congress criticises Mamata's move to compensate rape victims - Sep 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan orders judicial probe into Kerala stampede - Jan 15, 2011
- High tech, swanky media centre for Delhi journalists - Aug 03, 2010
- Kerala cuts tax on hiked fuel price - May 18, 2011
- Compensation for Kerala lorry blast victims - Sep 03, 2012
- Rs.2 lakh relief for kin of those killed in Delhi blaze (Lead) - Nov 21, 2011
- Meghalaya to compensate rape victims - Feb 29, 2012
- Kerala partly complies with NHRC order on endosulphan victims - Jun 11, 2012
- Court asks government for relief to blast victims (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- List of victims being compiled for compensation: Chidambaram - Sep 10, 2011
- Mangalore air crash: Rs.75 lakh for each victim's kin (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- Stay on Rs.75 lakh compensation to Mangalore crash victims - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,