Daniel Radcliffe says Harry Potter paved way for Broadway debutNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 19 (ANI): Boy wizard Daniel Radcliffe has revealed that he owed his amazing Broadway experience to the Harry Potter series as it allowed him to establish himself as an actor in different genres.
The 19-year-old, who had played a troubled young teen in the Peter Shaffers psychological drama, had stunned all with his exceptional performance in Equus.
The young heartthrob was applauded for his acting skills as he enacted the central role of Alan Strang suffering from a strange sexual fascination with horses.
The actor, who insisted he had no intentions of abandoning the Harry Potter series, told Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith that he couldnt believe how far hed come since he began his acting career seven years ago.
“It’’s amazing. I never predicted when I first came to this studio — what, like seven years ago now — that I would actually be on Broadway doing a show, CBS News quoted him as saying.
You know, they”re awesome, but I miss stuff about home but, ultimately, I”m 19 and I”m on Broadway and it’’s just kind of amazing,” he added. (ANI)
- Radcliffe learns from 'Harry Potter' mistakes - Dec 25, 2011
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe all set to bring his star magic to Broadway musical - Mar 14, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe Willing To Grow Out Of Harry Potter's Image - Jul 31, 2010
- Radcliffe keen to play character from Shakespear's book - Mar 23, 2011
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- 'Potter' success cannot be repeated: Radcliffe - Mar 19, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe 'Wealthiest British Star Under 30' - Nov 30, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe on Broadway - Apr 18, 2010
- Robert Pattinson envious of Daniel Radcliffe - May 25, 2010
- Radcliffe fascinated with death - Nov 01, 2010
- Dan Radcliffe wants to get tattooed - Jul 15, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' star Daniel Radcliffe's grown up role in 'Woman in Black' - Mar 10, 2011
- Radcliffe learnt from 'Harry Potter' mistakes - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: acting career, acting skills, alan strang, anchor, boy wizard, broadway debut, broadway experience, cbs news, daniel radcliffe, equus, fascination, genres, harry potter, harry potter series, harry smith, heartthrob, psychological drama, seven years, shaffers, young teen