Cut veg, cook food, says Chinese man’s pre-nuptial pactSeptember 27th, 2010 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Sep 27 (IANS) A poor Chinese man who wants to marry a rich girl has to sign a pre-nuptial agreement drawn up by the girl’s mother that says he has to wash and cut vegetables, cook food and if he ever has an extra-marital affair, he would have to pay a million yuan.
China Daily reported that the 28-year-old man has to sign the pre-nuptial agreement before his rich mother-in-law agrees to let him marry her daughter, China Daily cited Wuhan Evening News as reporting.
The man, surnamed Zhang, comes from an impoverished region in southwest China’s Guizhou province and he now works in Wuhan, Hubei province.
Three years back, he fell in love with the girl, surnamed Yang, from Fuyang in east China’s Anhui province.
Yang’s parents are financially well-off.
Despite repeated objections, Yang refused to leave Zhang and insisted that she would marry Zhang in October this year.
Then, Yang’s mother asked Zhang to sign a written contract.
It is stated in the agreement that Zhang would have to shift to Anhui province for career, otherwise he would have to pay 100,000 yuan ($14,900) as compensation. He also must pay one million yuan if he has an extra-marital affair.
Zhang must cook dishes to Yang’s taste and be responsible for washing, cutting and cooking vegetables as well as cleaning dishes, says the contract.
- Patient's stitches removed as he couldn't afford surgery - Aug 08, 2011
- Married couple's fidelity pact invalid - Mar 20, 2012
- Wiil-Kat 'did not sign a prenup agreement' - May 02, 2011
- Chinese family gets compensation for forced abortion - Jul 11, 2012
- Chinese families adopt alligators - Apr 12, 2012
- Drought affects 35 million in China - May 30, 2011
- Chinese teen jailed for setting girl ablaze - May 10, 2012
- Couples seeking divorces for falling out of love - Aug 31, 2011
- Chinese paraglider dies in accident - Jun 05, 2012
- Thief's diary writing habit costs him - Aug 03, 2012
- China's Wuhan city wants to invest in Kolkata - Oct 27, 2010
- Bogu Kailai sentenced to death with reprieve - Aug 20, 2012
- Staring causes brawl in Chinese metro train - Sep 03, 2011
- Dead woman married twice in China - Feb 22, 2012
- 60-year-old 'stud' in pregnancy trouble! - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: anhui province, beijing, china daily, chinese man, cook food, cooking vegetables, dishes, east china, extra marital affair, guizhou province, hubei province, mother in law, objections, old man, one million, pact, pre nuptial agreement, rich girl, southwest china, yuan china