Cruel blow for parents as ‘dead’ child revives, to die againDecember 13th, 2008 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kollam (Kerala), Dec 13 (IANS) It was a double blow for the parents of new born twins who were declared dead by the doctors. To the surprise of the mother, the baby girl was found gasping for breath even as they prepared for the funeral. All efforts to save the child however proved futile. A spokesperson of the KJK Hospital here told IANS that the mother, Remya, had delivered twins, a boy and a girl, Thursday.
“The infants were born in the 25th week of pregnancy and weighed around 600 grams. Soon after their birth the infants died,” said the KJK Hospital spokesperson who did not wish to be named.
The family took possession of the two boxes in which the babies were placed and reached their home at Chathannor, some 60 km from the capital city.
To their surprise when they opened the box, the girl child was gasping for breath.
They rushed the child to the hospital and placed it in an incubator.
However, Saturday morning the infant breathed her last.
Chandran Pillai, father-in-law of Remya, said: “The expected date of the delivery was March 19. My son works in Muscat and he left last month.”
- Born weighing 450 grams, baby girl survives - Jul 26, 2012
- Makeshift plastic bag incubator saves premature baby - Aug 08, 2010
- Infant dies after removal from Punjab hospital incubator, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
- Born on train, girl is named Mamata Banerjee - Jan 10, 2011
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
- 4-day-old baby survives after complex surgery - Dec 13, 2011
- Two women held for stealing baby - Dec 30, 2011
- Baby with six legs born in Pakistan - Apr 18, 2012
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Woman strangles her newborn baby in Dubai airport - Dec 28, 2010
- Government needs to watch every baby girl: NCPCR - Apr 09, 2012
- Mum's cuddle brings new-born back to life - Aug 27, 2010
- Flu shots ensure birth of healthy babies - Feb 22, 2012
- New-born girl dumped near sewer in Udaipur - Apr 14, 2012
- Mom's voice perks up premature baby's condition - Mar 09, 2012