Cristiano Ronaldo is not for sale at any price: ManU ownersJune 18th, 2008 - 12:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 18 (ANI): The Glazer family, owners of Manchester United, in a blunt message have said that ace striker Ronaldo is not for sale at any cost.
Spanish giant Real Madrid believes that they can take advantage of the Glazers 600million pounds debt in owning United by offering a record-busting 70million pounds for Ronaldo.
There is no way Ronaldo is for sale at all, even if he puts in a transfer request, a source close to the American family told SunSport.
The Glazers insist they will back United boss Alex Ferguson all the way in his bid to keep Portuguese winger Ronaldo.
Anyone thinking the debt comes into this is totally ignorant of the facts. The debt is covered comfortably by the interest payments. In the three years the family have owned the club, they have shown a clear track record of investment which will continue, the source said.
The Glazers have never meddled in anything Ferguson has done and never will interfere. All decisions on buying and selling are down to him and if he wants new players the money is there. There is no truth in any insinuation we would be willing to talk to Real about selling Cristiano. That is nonsense, the source added.
United are adamant that Ronaldo must return to pre-season training at Carrington three weeks after Portugals Euro 2008 campaign ends.
The next move is for the manager to talk to Cristiano when he returns for training, the source said.
United believe that Ronaldos posturing is partly to get a new Old Trafford contract. (ANI)
- Glazers family all set to sell Manchester United - Dec 22, 2010
- Glazers snub 1.5 billion pound bid for Manchester United - May 07, 2010
- Man U registers record loss of 83.6 million pounds - Oct 09, 2010
- Man U owners' plan to leave club in 54 million pound shock - Jan 25, 2010
- Debt ridden Man U under 'zero' pressure to sell Rooney - Oct 09, 2010
- Only Rooney's sale can contain Man U's rising debt? - Jan 12, 2010
- Man U's financial worries "sadden" Cristiano Ronaldo - Feb 14, 2010
- 'Scared' Man U owners to give a miss to Carling Cup finals - Feb 27, 2010
- Treble hopeful Man U using mollah to pay owners' debts - Mar 23, 2011
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- 'US-based Man U owners forced to pay debts without using club funds' - Nov 17, 2010
- Glazer Family rules out selling Manchester United - Mar 02, 2010
- Manchester United owner to spend money on world-class players - Jun 13, 2009
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Ronaldo hints at Real Madrid exit - Apr 29, 2010
Tags: ace, alex ferguson, boss, carrington, decisions, euro 2008, glazer family, glazers, insinuation, interest payments, london, manchester united, manu, portuguese, pre season training, real madrid, ronaldo, transfer request, truth, winger