Coronation Street 10 times more dangerous than average Manchester streetNovember 29th, 2010 - 1:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): A new study has found that Coronation Street is 10 times more dangerous than the average Manchester street.
Coronation Street alone would have cost insurers 315,620 pounds to repair if the extreme plots were genuine.
An analysis of plotlines in Coronation Street, EastEnders, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks showed explosions were the biggest cause of soap damage (311,000 pounds) followed by fires (208,420 pounds) and car crashes (173,550 pounds).
Corrie’s David Platt, played by Jack Shepherd, was television’s biggest insurance nightmare. In one storyline alone he left a 10,000 pounds trail of destruction when he went on the rampage hitting windows and vehicles with a metal pole.
“The storylines that we see on TV soaps add up to a fortune in damage to cars, property and individuals,” the Daily Mail quoted Nikki Sellers, head of home insurance at esure, as saying.
“We may find them unbelievable but real life incidents are often not that far from fictional storylines - the exception being the extraordinary number of major explosions and incidents of wilful ‘trashing’ by enraged characters,” he said.
“Clearly there are some soap residents that no insurer would consider touching because of the trail of damage they have left in their wake.
“We’re on the edge of our seats ahead of Corrie’s dramatic tram crash disaster - and only hope the fictional characters have the ample building and home contents insurance they may need to cover any damage costs.” (ANI)
- 'Coronation Street' to be spiced up with more girlie action - Oct 24, 2010
- 'Emmerdale' named 'Most Sexually Active Soap' - Apr 01, 2009
- Kardashian wants to be part of British soaps - Jun 13, 2012
- Alison King from Coronation Street tops Sexiest Soap Babe Of 2008 poll - Dec 26, 2008
- Gwyneth Paltrow involved in minor car crash - Jan 08, 2010
- Kelly Brook's dream job - a role in Eastenders - Aug 19, 2010
- Kim Kardashian wants to appear in Coronation Street - Jun 13, 2012
- "More references to condoms, STDs needed in TV shows" - Feb 21, 2010
- 'Coronation Street' is world's longest-running soap - Sep 25, 2010
- Brit TV dramas portray characters with mental health issues as 'dangerous' - Nov 22, 2010
- Gutted Flintoff heading back to 'Blighty' from Dubai to watch favourite soap - Dec 10, 2010
- Pauline Quirke speaks about her weight loss - Sep 14, 2011
- Inspired by TV soap, teen kills mother with hammer - Apr 04, 2012
- Coronation Street's Rosie Webster wants to be the 'next Jordan' - Dec 18, 2009
- Eastenders triumphs at British Soap Awards - May 10, 2010
Tags: building and home contents insurance, car crashes, coronation street, daily mail, david platt, eastenders, emmerdale, esure, fictional characters, hollyoaks, home contents insurance, home insurance, jack shepherd, life incidents, manchester street, plotlines, s david, storylines, street london, tv soaps