Copper oxide pillow anti-wrinklesAugust 25th, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by Bupha Ravirot
Latest discovery ‘Copper oxide pillow case’ are designed to reduce wrinkles and crow’s feet.
The researchers have developed “copper oxide pillow case” and conducted an experiment on 57 participants for four weeks. The volunteers either given an anti-wrinkle pillow, which feels no different for normal fabric, or a similar conventional pillow. The results found was that those who used it had fewer lines and wrinkles than those using conventional bedding.
Jeffrey Gabbay is the owner of the Cupron company, used its expertise in making copper medical dressings and supervised by a dermatologist to develop the pillow case.
“The surgeon doing our wound-healing trial remarked how an increase in collagen was helping to heal wounds. We wondered if it might work on fixing wrinkles and lines on the face. So we had some copper woven pillows made up and noticed that over a few days of lying on a cooper pillow lines on the face started to soften.” said Gabbay.
he also added they have found the most fantastic discover that such fabric has such impact on all lines but is best at ironing out the finer lines.
As age increase, production of collagen in body is slows down and starts to have wrinkles and lines. The researchers believe that moisture from the skin releases copper ions ‘charged atoms’ from the pillow cases which stimulate the production of collagen below the surface of the skin.
Over 10,000 pillow cases have been sold through it website in the US, £17 each, and the company is planing to launch the market in the UK. The product includes copper gloves and eye shields are available.
- Now, a magical pillow that can wipe out wrinkles - Aug 24, 2008
- Wrinkles reducing creams are 'waste of money' - Jan 17, 2011
- 10 do's and don'ts for a healthy, glowing skin - Nov 15, 2010
- Stretchy patch could help repair wounded skin, damaged arteries - Apr 02, 2011
- Nanotechnology could unlock secret of youthful skin - Nov 22, 2010
- Shrimp shell nanoparticle combats microbes, heals wounds - Mar 18, 2012
- Say goodbye to wrinkles with new 'vampire filler'! - Oct 30, 2010
- Now, look younger without going under the knife: Study - Aug 06, 2010
- Growth-factor-containing nanoparticles speed up healing of chronic wounds - Jan 27, 2011
- Cream with electric charge to treat skin wrinkles - Jul 19, 2010
- Victoria Beckham gets anti-ageing facial - May 22, 2012
- Skin cancer cream can smooth out wrinkles - Jun 16, 2009
- Newly-created bioactive peptides found to promote wound healing - Dec 08, 2010
- Mechanism limiting scar formation discovered - Jun 11, 2010
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011