Company offers free beer to attract workersAugust 7th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 7 (IANS) An Australian company is so desperate to attract skilled workers that it is offering successful applicants free beer for a year, Daily Mail reported.
Like most remote towns in the country, Moree in New South Wales has had trouble keeping young people away from the lure of higher salaries offered by mining firms, Eric Scott, operations manager for Electrical and Air Conditioning Services, said.
But extra health benefits, holiday or travel benefits did not fit the bill.
“We are a small regional area and are fighting the mines that throw more money at people,” Biggs said.
He added: “As a growing company we need more qualified staff and thought we needed to do something to stop people from leaving.”
“Most blokes like a beer, so we thought we could use it in our favour as a hook for new staff.”
The company has posted advertisements in the classified sections of local papers with the headline, “Free beer for a year”, the newspaper said Monday.
- Budweiser adopts innovative advertising style by offering free beer samples - Sep 23, 2010
- Brit abortion provider in soup for offering staff free terminations as 'job perk' - Aug 08, 2010
- De Beers to reduce diamond production - Jul 21, 2012
- 'Low-carb beer myth' duped Oz drinkers: Poll - Dec 10, 2010
- Brit firm launches world's strongest beer at $762 a bottle - Jul 23, 2010
- CSE hails mining profit sharing with locals - Jul 08, 2011
- Alcohol can help you solve riddles faster - Apr 12, 2012
- Latest reason for a strike - workers allowed beer only during lunch! - Apr 09, 2010
- Beer's selection proves Hilditch has 'officially lost the plot': MacGill - Dec 11, 2010
- Now, flavoured beer hits Indian market - Jul 11, 2012
- Bottoms Up Beer dispenser fills mugs 9 times faster than beer taps! - Jan 25, 2011
- No takers for world's first gay beer - Feb 20, 2011
- British call centre to return home from costly Mumbai - Jul 04, 2011
- Beijingers turn to Weibo to beat floods - Jul 23, 2012
- This year's best 'dumb criminal' tales so far (The Funny Side) - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: advertisements, air conditioning services, blokes, daily mail, eric scott, extra health, favour, free beer, health benefits, hook, local papers, london, money, moree, new south wales, operations manager, regional area, salaries, skilled workers, travel benefits