Clinton wishes ‘Shubho Nobo Borsho’ to BengalisApril 12th, 2011 - 7:34 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, April 12 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wished Bengalis across the globe a ‘Happy New Year’ with the traditional Bengali greeting “Shubho Nobo Borsho!”
In a message to the Bengali community on the occasion of “Poila Boishakh”, the Bengali New Year, Clinton said: “Shubho Nobo Borsho! As you celebrate this special day, know that the United States stands with all Bengalis everywhere as we work for a more peaceful and prosperous future.”
“On behalf of President (Barack) Obama and the people of the United States, I send my best wishes to all Bengali-speaking people around the world as you celebrate Poila Boishakh in the coming days. I wish all Bengalis prosperity and happiness in this New Year of promise and possibility,” Clinton said.
Clinton said it is an opportunity to honour the rich history of Bengali culture with music, drama and traditional foods. She believed Bengali artists, scientists, politicians and entrepreneurs have positively influenced American culture.
“Bengali-Americans will join their fellow Bengali family and friends to celebrate the many accomplishments of the Bengali people,” she added.
- Hillary Clinton wishes 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis - Apr 13, 2012
- Hillary Clinton says 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' to Bengalis - Apr 13, 2010
- Hillary Clinton sends Bangla New Year message - Apr 11, 2009
- Bengalis celebrate 'Poila Baishak' - Apr 14, 2012
- Hillary Clinton says 'Shubho Nobo Borsho' (Lead) - Apr 11, 2009
- Hillary Clinton greets Bangladeshis on New Year - Apr 12, 2009
- Politicos piggyback on Bengali new year bonhomie - Apr 14, 2011
- US stands with India as partner and friend: Clinton - Aug 13, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- Bengalis celebrate 'Poila Baisakh' with prayers and sweets - Apr 15, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, Vice President greet nation on Makara Sankranti, Pongal - Jan 13, 2011
- Binayak Sen's family overjoyed at Supreme Court verdict - Apr 15, 2011
- Obama's India visit reflects spirit of Diwali: Hillary - Nov 05, 2010
- Clinton to visit India in April - Jan 27, 2011
Tags: american culture, barack obama, bengali community, bengali culture, bengali new year, best wishes, family and friends, globe, happiness, happy new year, hillary clinton, honour, music drama, new year, poila boishakh, politicians, prosperity, rich history, secretary of state, us secretary of state