Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mallJuly 16th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 16 (IANS) An unmarried woman in China’s Shanghai city delivered a baby in a washroom of a shopping mall, a media report said Monday.
The 22-year-old gave birth to a baby girl in the mall’s toilet Sunday. The woman, a local resident, was totally unprepared when she was overcome by labour pains inside a second-floor toilet cubicle at the Yong’an Department Store, Shanghai Daily reported.
A female sanitary worker was one of the first to hear the woman screaming for help. The sanitary worker, several store clerks and customers rushed to help her immediately, said store workers.
The woman and infant were rushed to a hospital.
Hospital officials later declined to reveal detail about the woman, saying the woman’s parents wanted to protect her privacy. She was discharged Monday morning.
The woman is reported to be a Shanghai local. Her boyfriend visited her at the hospital later and said he would raise the baby together with her.
- Baby Boy Born in Emirates Airplane Toilet to Be Named Ek - Aug 30, 2012
- Baby born in toilet bowl saved by cops - Dec 15, 2009
- Five people commit suicide in Delhi - Oct 07, 2011
- New Zealand quake: Mum dies with baby in her arms - Feb 23, 2011
- Woman gives birth on plane - Jan 04, 2012
- Aussie woman charged with raping another woman - Nov 29, 2010
- Chinese journalists assaulted - May 13, 2012
- Nude iPhone photos spark privacy fears in China - Mar 23, 2012
- Tabby mauls baby, leaves her with savaged face - Aug 28, 2012
- Chinese woman's diamonds recovered from garbage dump - May 11, 2011
- Peeping Tom claims gender issues made him peek into women's toilet cubicle - Aug 18, 2010
- Woman beheads son to take revenge on husband - Jun 08, 2012
- Irish woman found guilty of raping another woman - Dec 03, 2010
- On Mumbai's roadmap: Washroom for women every two km! - Nov 13, 2011
- Chinese woman suffocates to death after TV blast - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: baby girl, beijing, china, chinese woman, department store, hospital officials, labour pains, monday morning, parents, shanghai city, shopping mall, store clerks, toilet cubicle, unmarried woman, washroom