Chinese students form longest human chainAugust 12th, 2010 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 12 (IANS) As many as 10,267 high school students in China Thursday formed a rectangular chain, entering the Guinness World Records for making the world’s longest human domino chain.
The students from 12 high schools in Ordos City made the world’s longest human domino chain in north China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region at the Ordos Naadam Festival that runs from Aug 11 to Aug 18, a notary public for Guinness World Records said.
In sequence, each person fell backwards and lay on the next person’s legs. The event took one hour and 20 minutes to complete, Xinhua reported.
Participants wore white or orange T-shirts, and those in orange formed the shape of five characters that signified “Beautiful Ordos” in a ractangle 200 meters long and 150 meters wide.
“We practiced for four and a half hours each day for the last three days. Under the glaring sun, I hardly felt the guy behind me fiddle,” said Li Xiaodong, who was the first human domino to fall.
“While lying there, I thought about a lot of things. But what I felt most strongly was the pure excitement that came from knowing I was part of the creation a a world record,” said Li.
The previous record was set by 9,234 students at Siloso Beach, Singapore, Sept 30, 2000.
- Human dominoes smash Guinness World Record - Jul 16, 2012
- Students attempt to achieve world records in Pondicherry - Aug 09, 2010
- Oz radio hosts set new record for Longest Underwater Broadcast - Oct 28, 2010
- Mexican sets new world record for fastest barefoot water skiing - Mar 09, 2011
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- Tamil Nadu girl sketches 306-meter-long drawing - May 08, 2010
- 1,704-meter-long noodle from China is world's longest - Mar 14, 2011
- New Zealand mayor sets longest interview record - Apr 30, 2012
- At 9.7 cm, this woman has world's longest tongue - Nov 02, 2011
- 3.1 km long tricolour displayed in Andhra - Jan 26, 2012
- Three Britons travel round the world in taxi! - May 12, 2012
- Non-stop, 32-hour yoga sets Guinness record - Aug 04, 2010
- World record for human mattress dominoes broken by 400 Brits - Oct 04, 2010
- East China dino museum is world's largest - Oct 15, 2010
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: beijing, chinese students, domino, fiddle, glaring sun, guinness world records, half hours, high school students, high schools, inner mongolia autonomous region, legs, li xiaodong, naadam festival, north china, notary public, participants, pure excitement, siloso beach, world record, xinhua