Chinese man jailed for helping mother commit suicideMay 31st, 2012 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 31 (IANS) A man in China has been sentenced to three years in jail for helping his paralysed mother kill herself by consuming pesticide, a court said.
The 73-year-old woman was suffering from hemiplegia, total or partial paralysis of one side of the body, for 20 years.
Deng Mingjian, 41, a migrant worker, was sentenced to three years in jail with a reprieve period of four years for intentional homicide, Xinhua quoted a Chinese court as saying.
Since Deng was viewed as a “filial son” and took care of his mother for decades, his neighbours and relatives urged the court for a lenient punishment.
The court considered Deng’s guilty plea and public’s appeals in making its ruling.
- Mercy sought for man who poisoned mother - Mar 28, 2012
- Court awards 10-year jail to man for killing wife - Aug 08, 2012
- Ex-naval officer found guilty of TV executive's killing - Jun 30, 2011
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
- Chinese gets death sentence for killing 11 people - Jul 28, 2012
- Three drug traffickers get death in China - Apr 11, 2012
- Casper Smart to face charges on numerous violations - Nov 24, 2011
- Convicts freed early, ragging victim's father slams system - Aug 18, 2012
- Six terrorists get life term for plot to kidnap Sachin, Sourav (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Two President's Bodyguards get life term for rape - Aug 24, 2012
- 30-day jail for Indian student Dharun Ravi; no deportation (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- TV executive murder case convict refused bail - Dec 20, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear police appeal in BMW hit-and-run case - Apr 12, 2010
- Honduran journalist's killer gets jail term of 28 years - Sep 12, 2012
- Three year jail for Mumbai hit-and-run convict: Apex court (Third Lead) - Jan 12, 2012