Chinese girl infected with bird flu: officialJanuary 18th, 2009 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Taiyuan, Jan 18 (Xinhua) A two-year-old girl has been confirmed to be infected with bird flu in north China’s Shanxi Province, a provincial government official has said. The girl, surnamed Peng, took ill Jan 7 in the central Hunan Province. Her grandparents took her to Luliang City of Shanxi Jan 11.
She was taken to the Fenyang Hospital Wednesday and then to the Shanxi Children’s Hospital Wednesday night after her condition got worse, said an official with the Shanxi provincial health department.
The patient was in critical condition, the official said.
According to the test result of Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the girl tested positive for the H5N1 strain of avian influenza.
The people who had close contact with the patient are under medical observation. None of them have been found to be ill so far.
- Woman dies of bird flu in China - Jan 19, 2009
- China reports fifth bird flu death in 2009 - Jan 27, 2009
- Woman commits suicide at China Foxconn plant - Nov 25, 2011
- Student dies of bird flu in China - Jan 20, 2009
- Chinese man dies of bird flu - Dec 31, 2011
- China launches remote-sensing satellite - Nov 09, 2011
- Drunk driver bites policeman to avoid alcohol test - May 05, 2011
- China bans palm-reading assessment in schools - Feb 01, 2012
- China''s sixth human bird flu case surfaces in 2009 - Jan 26, 2009
- Viral illness kills 17, affects 35,000 in China - Jul 15, 2012
- La Nina may trigger flu pandemics: Study - Jan 17, 2012
- H1N1 pandemic flu strain 'key to universal vaccine' - Jan 11, 2011
- 270 fall ill after having food in China factory - Jan 20, 2011
- India prepared to deal with bird flu: Government - Aug 31, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Oct 31, 2009
Tags: bird flu, center for disease control, center for disease control and prevention, chinese center, chinese girl, close contact, critical condition, disease control and prevention, government official, health department, hunan province, influenza, jan 7, north china, provincial government, provincial health, s hospital, shanxi province, test result, xinhua