Chinese experts nearly finished with first map of moon surfaceJuly 7th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 7 (ANI): The chief designer of the Chinese Chang”e 1 lunar probe says that they have gathered all the relevant details to draw the first full map of the Moons surface.
Sun Jiadong says that the lunar probe is running sound and well, and that the mapping work may complete soon.
Chang”e-1 is Chinas first lunar orbiter, according to the background information in a report filed by the news agency Xinhua.
Jiadong said that the future of the Chang”e-1, after the end of its one-year stay on the orbit, had not been decided as yet.
He, however, revealed that each and every system of the orbiter is working normally.
The launch of Chang”e-1 is the first step of the country’’s three-stage lunar probe program, which also includes the launch of a lunar rover for a soft landing, and a second rover that is to collect lunar soil and stone samples for research.
China plans to land its first lunar rover in 2013. (ANI)
- China to select new site for moon rocket launch - Nov 29, 2010
- China to launch second lunar probe 'Chang'e-2' by October - Sep 28, 2010
- China unveils snapshots of moon - Nov 09, 2010
- China to go to moon, Mars, Venus and beyond - Sep 20, 2010
- China to launch its second lunar probe this year - Apr 13, 2010
- China to launch moon-landing craft - Mar 05, 2012
- India to show presence through Indo-Russian robotic mission - Aug 13, 2010
- China's 'Chang'e-2' expected to have enough fuel to return to earth - Oct 14, 2010
- 'India's lunar mission found moon alive & kicking' - Jul 16, 2012
- China's moon rover to run on nuclear power - Aug 13, 2012
- China's 2nd unmanned lunar probe 'Chang'e-2' enters lunar orbit - Oct 06, 2010
- China to take next leap in moon probe in October 2010 - Nov 27, 2009
- China's second lunar probe blasts off - Oct 01, 2010
- China to launch lunar probe by 2010 end - Jun 01, 2010
- India's second moon mission to carry five instruments - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: background information, chief designer, chinese experts, launch, lunar orbiter, lunar probe, lunar rover, lunar soil, mapping work, moon surface, moons, New Delhi, news agency, orbit, probe program, relevant details, research china, running sound, stone samples, xinhua