China outraged as owner drops dog from 18th floorAugust 10th, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 10 (IANS) A pet dog in China has survived a fall from an 18th floor apartment when its owner dropped it from the window after getting mad at the animal.
The owner was angry after the dog ran into his bathroom when he was bathing, a witness told the Global Times newspaper.
The dog received severe injuries after the incident Monday. The animal was found lying on a car covered with blood at a residential complex near Baiziwan Lu.
After the incident, dog lovers have renewed calls for animal welfare.
“Such cruel behaviour should be an offence,” Sun, who lives on the first floor of the building, said.
The owner was taken into police custody.
“This person is sane, poses no threat to other residents,” said a police officer, requesting anonymity.
Sun, who runs a pet shop at the compound, said the owner “looks unsociable. He rarely says hello to neighbours and even didn’t say thank you when I did a favour for him one time.”
Nie Zhenzhe, who treated the dog, said the animal is not out of danger but is in a stable condition, according to the newspaper Thursday.
- Man kills puppy with hammer - May 04, 2012
- British dogs to get anti-depressants - Jun 25, 2012
- Man jailed for two years for kidnapping dog - Jun 11, 2011
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Pet dogs in Britain to be microchipped - Apr 24, 2011
- Pets could be benefitting your kids at home - Jul 17, 2012
- It's dog's life -- or is it? - Oct 15, 2011
- World's oldest dog dies ahead of 27 birthday - Dec 08, 2011
- Dangerous Liaisons: Wild cats as trophy pets in UAE (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- Dog survives after being stabbed 21 times - Nov 16, 2011
- 13 dogs poisoned to death in Britain - May 30, 2011
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Today is National Dog Day! - Aug 26, 2011
- Why city folks treat dogs as their kids - Aug 16, 2010