China builds museum on industry before 1940sJanuary 12th, 2011 - 10:00 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 12 (IANS) China is building the country’s first industry museum that would show exhibits used in factories before the 1940s.The museum is being built on the site of China’s first cement plant with mechanised production lines in Tangshan, an industrial city in Hebei province, a spokesman with the city government said.
The museum, along with a creative industry park, would cover 63,000 square metres and cost 350 million yuan ($53 million), Xinhua quoted Chen Guoying, mayor of Tangshan, as saying.
Visitors to the museum would get the chance to experience the set up of old industrial buildings, cement kilns, power plants and shower rooms used before the 1940s, the spokesman said.
As an industrial base dating back to 1840, Tangshan was home to China’s first mechanised coal mine and first standard-gauge railroad.
It also produced the country’s first steam locomotive and first piece of toilet porcelain ware.
- Ancient kiln replica being built in China - Jun 10, 2012
- China to build advanced industrial hub - Nov 11, 2011
- Chinese firm exports high-speed train parts to Europe - Aug 10, 2012
- British royal wedding: Chinese firm to make official tableware - Jan 17, 2011
- 13 killed in China factory blast (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Russian helicopter maker sets up China plant - Feb 06, 2012
- China opens counter-espionage museum - May 10, 2012
- Cultural relics found in South China Sea - Jul 29, 2012
- North China expressway accident kills 35 - Oct 08, 2011
- Chinese official executed for stealing, selling cultural relics - Nov 20, 2010
- Indian billionaires jostle for coal in Australia - Mar 04, 2012
- China rolls out powerful locomotive - Mar 08, 2012
- Delhi hosts first ever ancient Chinese heritage expo (With images) - Feb 18, 2011
- China to build museum to preserve Quran copy - Feb 16, 2012
- Iran to build its first geothermal plant - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: 1940s, beijing, cement plant, city government, coal mine, creative industry, exhibits, factories, first steam locomotive, gauge railroad, industrial buildings, industry park, porcelain ware, power plants, spokesman, square metres, standard gauge, toilet, xinhua, yuan