Chili pepper ingredient helps fight obesityJuly 22nd, 2010 - 11:40 am ICT by ANI
Washington, July 22 (ANI): If you love chili peppers, you are in luck - as new research suggests it has an ingredient that helps fight fat.
The study conducted by Jong Won Yun and colleagues revealed that chilli peppers contain Capsaicin, which triggers certain beneficial protein changes in the body, causing weight loss.
It decreases calorie intake, shrinking fat tissue, and lowering fat levels in the blood.
However, how it does so is not yet known.
The study results showed an 8 percent weight loss in capsaicin-treated lab rats. They also showed changes in levels of at least 20 key proteins found in fat.
The study appears in ACS’ monthly Journal of Proteome Research. (ANI)
- Chili pepper may help fight fat - Jun 03, 2010
- Chilli peppers can help you shed weight - Jun 03, 2010
- Eating moderate quantity of red pepper can help curb appetite - Apr 26, 2011
- Hot red pepper can help burn unwanted calories - Apr 26, 2011
- Chili peppers may benefit those with high BP - Aug 04, 2010
- Turning 'bad' fat into 'good' could help cure obesity - May 04, 2011
- Calories, not carbs, key to weight loss - Feb 08, 2012
- Lean protein helps dieters resist late night snacks - Apr 01, 2011
- Weight loss supplements are no good - Mar 07, 2012
- Naga Viper Named World's Hottest Chili Pepper - Dec 05, 2010
- Hot peppers may help trim waistline - Apr 28, 2010
- Diet and exercise 'more effective for weight loss when combined' - Apr 15, 2011
- Peppers may help you get rid of love handles - Apr 28, 2010
- Chocolates may help you stay slim - Mar 27, 2012
- New weight-loss pill made of hot chili peppers may help fight obesity - Jul 09, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,