Chhattisgarh poor to have rice at lowest ratesJune 17th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 17 (IANS) The poorest of poor in Chhattisgarh will be provided rice at further concessional rates — down from Rs.3 per kg to Re.1 a kg — while salt will be given to them free by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government, a circular said here Wednesday.
The circular issued by the Food and Civil Supplies Department has asked the district authorities of all the 18 districts to distribute from July 1 rice at Re.1 per kg to 700,000 families having Antyodaya cards.
Of the total 3.7 million families identified as rice scheme beneficiaries, 700,000 will be provided rice at Re.1 per kg while the remaining three million will be given rice at Rs.2 a kg.
Iodized salt packets will also be provided free of cost to these 3.7 million families under the Amrit Namak Yojna.
Under the Chief Minister’s Food Assistance Scheme, about 3.7 million poor families were so far provided rice at Rs.3 per kg.
The new scheme replaces the BJP government’s Rs.3 per kg rice scheme that was launched April 1, 2007. It was basically the brainchild of Chief Minister Raman Singh and led to BJP’s victory in the state’s assembly polls in November last year.
- Chhattisgarh launches cheap rice and salt scheme - Jul 08, 2009
- Chhattisgarh to install GPS devices to ensure food reaches poor - Jun 21, 2010
- Iodised salt for Jharkhand poor at 50p a kg - Jul 31, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's planned Rs.2 per kg rice scheme put on hold - Mar 17, 2009
- Proposed food bill will burden states: Dhumal - Dec 28, 2011
- Jharkhand to provide lunch for Rs.5 to the poor - Aug 03, 2011
- Andhra's rice scheme to benefit 75 mn people - Nov 01, 2011
- Congress, BJP playing 'rice politics' in Chhattisgarh - Nov 11, 2008
- Rice for Re.1 a kg for Kerala's poor - Aug 27, 2011
- BJP Jharkhand manifesto: Rice, wheat at Rs.1 per kg - Nov 19, 2009
- Now Andhra to give rice at Re.1 a kg to its poor - Sep 21, 2011
- Mamata expands subsidised rice scheme - Jun 01, 2011
- Main provisions of food bill (To go with 'Will food bill force government to eat humble pie') - Dec 18, 2011
- Poor in Jharkhand to get food grain, salt at nominal rate - Mar 05, 2010
- Now BJP offers rice to poor at 1 Rupee per kg - Nov 10, 2008
Tags: april 1, assembly polls, assistance scheme, beneficiaries, bharatiya janata party, brainchild, cards, chief minister, district authorities, food assistance, july 1, kg, poor families, rice scheme, rs 2, victory