Cher scarps entire years gigs following ill healthNovember 2nd, 2008 - 1:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 2 (ANI): Health concerns for singer Cher have grown after she was forced to cancel her stage shows for the rest of this year.
The Believe hitmaker, who is on a 25million pounds contract in Las Vegas, has been suffering from a severe breathing complaint. Thereby, doctors have told her to rest until at least January.
At first it was being believed that the 62-year-old was suffering from Vegas throat, caused by the dry desert air.
However, Chers spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg confirmed the star had fallen victim to asthma-related bronchitis.
Asthmatic bronchitis worsens over the years. The person becomes increasingly open to infections that further weaken the immune system, possibly becoming life-threatening, the Daily Express quoted a US health expert, as saying.
Cher was forced to cancel several shows in September but bravely returned to work last month before being ordered to call a halt. Some fans realised she was suffering on stage.
One posted an internet message saying: She sounded very raspy. You could tell she was having difficulty.
Cher may have worsened her condition by rushing back to please her fans, according to a source at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
She said: Shes the ultimate crowd-pleaser and it really hurts her when she feels shes let people down. Hitting the theatre again in October wasnt a good idea because its hindered her recovery and possibly aggravated her condition.
It was also claimed that Cher was broken-hearted after her romance with Tim Medvetz, 24 years her junior, ended in September. The couple were said to have been planning their wedding before mountaineer and biker Medvetz broke off the relationship. (ANI)
- Cher to marry Medvetz soon? - Aug 22, 2012
- Celine Dion cancels Las Vegas gigs - Feb 28, 2012
- Cher itching to get back on stage - Jul 17, 2011
- Celine Dion returns to singing - Mar 21, 2012
- Cher slams fan on Twitter over 'Burlesque' Academy Awards snub - Jan 27, 2011
- Cher to bring curtain down on her Vegas residency in Feb next year - Sep 22, 2010
- Cher coming out of retirement to tour again - Apr 26, 2010
- Cher not getting married - Aug 23, 2012
- Elton John hospitalised for respiratory infection - May 25, 2012
- Can Celine Dion save recession-hit Las Vegas? - Mar 20, 2011
- Cher uses sick leave to launch charity mission for orphans in South Asia - Dec 11, 2008
- Rock fest in Bogota - Jul 02, 2012
- Marie Osmond prepares to return to spotlight after son's death - Mar 05, 2010
- Lady Gaga's G-string exposed during performance in Las Vegas - Mar 28, 2011
- Charlize Theron to be honoured - Mar 31, 2012
Tags: 24 years, biker, bronchitis, caesars palace, cher, crowd pleaser, daily express, dry desert air, health concerns, health expert, hitmaker, ill health, immune system, internet message, liz rosenberg, mountaineer, nov 2, scarps, spokeswoman, tim medvetz