Charlie Higson plans new young James Bond seriesApril 25th, 2008 - 1:40 pm ICT by admin
London, Apr 25 (ANI): Charlie Higson is planning to pen a new series of novels about the young James Bond.
Though the new series have not yet been announced, they will explore the previously uncharted territory of Bond’s sexual awakening.
I want to have a break and do some other stuff for a while. But I’d love to come back and write some more, BBC quoted Higson, as saying.
Higsons first Bond novel Silverfin was a huge hit after it was published in 2005.
Fast Show star Higson was given the licence to write the Young Bond children’s books by the family of Bond creator Ian Fleming.
The fifth and final book of the sequence, By Royal Command, is due out in September.
The books - aimed at under 14s - follow the exploits of the teenage Bond, who is first encountered as a 13-year-old orphan newly arrived at Eton in the early 1930s.
“By Royal Command ends with James Bond leaving Eton an older and wiser boy,” Higson said.
“One thing I’ve been talking about possibly doing is a second sequence of books for a slightly older readership, maybe taking him up to and into World War II.
“He’s approaching the age of 15 in this latest book and I couldn’t continue writing this type of book for this age group with Bond at the age he is.”
Although Higson is putting the final touches to By Royal Command, it is clear he is unwilling to abandon his ties with the youthful Bond. (ANI)
- New book series to reveal young James Bond's sexual awakening - Apr 25, 2008
- Bentley and publishers Hodder and Stoughten come out with 1500 dollar limited 007 book - Apr 27, 2011
- 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' flying car to be featured in new series of books - Mar 23, 2011
- Real 'James Bond' loved pretty women, fast cars - Sep 22, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- After playing vampire, Pattinson wants James Bond role - Jul 10, 2012
- American writer Jeffery Deaver to pen next James Bond novel - May 28, 2010
- Bentley designs James Bond book 'Carte Blanche' for $1,650 - May 02, 2011
- Pakistani writer's Urdu thrillers now in English (With Image) - Apr 22, 2011
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Erotic novel puts Harry Potter in shade - Jun 19, 2012
- Magic and vampires stir India's young adult literature (Feature) - Jul 13, 2011
- I wanted to know Indian writers, find myself: Horowitz (Interview) - Nov 30, 2010
- Books for India's young adults turn new page - Mar 05, 2011
- James Bond, Sherlock Holmes to be resurrected in new novels - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: 1930s, age group, bbc, bond novel, charlie higson, creator ian fleming, eton, exploits, final touches, ian fleming, james bond series, novels, orphan, readership, s books, sexual awakening, silverfin, ties, uncharted territory, world war ii